grnlark

My New 310-8

grnlark

For anyone that doesn't do Facebook, I gotta tell ya, the tractor groups are fantastic. I'm an Admin of two groups which collectively have over 6k members. I posted a want ad looking for the chrome heat shield and within 5 minutes I had one purchased via PayPal and hitting tomorrows mail. Social media is awesome.

grnlark

So, the answer to the question: Will a chrome heat shield from a 520 fit a smaller series muffler? YES

I'm going to take better pics and start a seperate thread in the restoration section later this week because it seems like a common question. If you can live with one attachment screw passing through a horizontal vent louver vs. the vertical mounting louver (which I can) then there's no modifications necessary. It's a little bit longer too off the rear of the muffler, but I'm fine with that too. I like the bling and even being a little larger than the muffler, I'm glad I took the gamble.

post-2562-0-06573900-1429708100_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-33693300-1429708103_thumb.jp

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

That looks good! Take some step-back pictures, i want to see the 'finished' product!

Glad it worked out for ya :handgestures-thumbupright:

Racinbob

That looks great Matt. The black shield on mine is needing attention and now I'm thinking I need to find a chrome one. :handgestures-thumbupright:

stevebo

I need an overall pic to tell if I like it or not :ychain:

• Like 1

muz123

That chrome looks great, that picture makes it look like and 88 520!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Ken B

Yeah don't be a tractor blocker Matt!

• Like 1

grnlark

I'll get some better pics tonight or tomorrow a.m. Last thing left is the seat... 

stevebo

You are killing me. I assume this one is going to zagary?

grnlark

You are killing me. I assume this one is going to zagary?

Still undecided. My initial plan was to bring the Cub considering I worked on it all winter.

grnlark

I created a thread specific to the heat shield in the Restoration section if anyone is interested