Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

A little Horse trade

jusjeepn

Well found a great deal on a C160, or what the P/O thought was one. Found this on C/L and the pics looked great. Went to check out the tractor and it looked great and ran great! Yee Haa!, I thought as I loaded it up and brought it home. When I got home, about 30 min ago, I checked the intact I.D. tag and found I had instead traded for a 1976 B-60 with a K341S and C160 vinyl :banghead: . 8 speed works great, tractor runs/works great. Just kinda disappointed :D . Why can't people just putem back the way they were built? :USA: Anywho, here's some pics

011-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

010.jpg

I don't quite know what I'll do with it yet. Toying with the idea of a C1645... :omg::thumbs::lol::lol::D:D

ba4f_1.jpg

BairleaFarm

Does look fairly clean

saguaro

Sweet ride. I'd happy either way. :banghead:

Nick

Unless you were specifically looking for a B-60 to collect this is a better tractor. Id take a good deal on a 16hp tractor over a 7hp rope start any day. :USA:

Just looked and had a picture of a B-60 I found at a garage sale. Bought it for the tires and sold it to a friend. He sold it so maybe it made its way to Indiana and a new engine. :banghead:

b60005.jpg

Rollerman

Looks good to me.

Keep it as it is & you'll have a sharp looking work tractor or...

Maybe find the coret Kohler 6HP engine & you will have a very unique model.

jusjeepn

Thanks guys! I was actually looking for a C160 8 speed to do my gardening chores. I guess I got one! :banghead: ( with the wrong model/serial)

HorseFixer

Very nice looking tractor! :banghead:

Cheers Duke

KyBlue

Looks like ya got a snow plow too - heck id be happy to own that'n even if it has the wrong Tag...who really looks at the #s anyway.

wh500special

I think from a value standpoint you're lucky it was morphed into the 16 horse version. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the B60 and would love to add one to the fleet...but it's gotta have the rope starter! There is just something elegant about a 7 hp tractor in this world of 25 HP big box store riders...

Looks nice! and a keeper.

Steve

Stigian

Nice find Pat even if it wasn't quite what you were looking for :USA:

Are the rear tires over sized or is it just the photo's maiking them look so big :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

If the only difference between the C and the B is the numbers...... I would be happy with it too. Maybe you can tell folks it's an "undercover" tractor in disguise??

Good buy...

jusjeepn

Ian, The tires are 23x10.5x12 appears to be on 7" rims. Some one probably had a time with these! I have another set mounted on 8" wheels and they look normal!