BigKen

Anyone know what this model is?

BigKen

196c23ff280f95e10c8e1ac0399d1c6a.jpg

I have a chance to buy this WH along with a Electro 12. Have yet to go look in person. Does anyone have an idea of what this model is? All I can tell from the pic is it has a 12 sticker so I'm guessing 12 hp tractor. Thanks!

slammer302

Its a no name 12hp wheel horse

It would be a 73 I think

• Like 1

BigKen

73 as in the year?

oldredrider

It's a 1973 12hp automatic.

• Like 1

BigKen

Thanks!

KC9KAS

:WRS: , Good luck with your WH purchase.

• Like 1

BigKen

I had made a deal with the guy to pick up both tractors tomorrow. He contacted me back a couple days ago and said someone was coming to look at them so they may sold. I was pretty ticked as we had made a verbal agreement but figured I'd look elsewhere. Today he told me the guy was a no show and they are mine if I still wanted them. He says they run and the Electro 12 has a mowing deck that works. The 73 Auto 12 has no deck but has tire chains. He has a front blade and "tiller plow", probably a turning plow but I'll see for sure tomorrow for that WH. He wanted $650 and I got him down to $550. He says they run fine but have a slight tick in the motors. He is throwing in a couple of gas grass trimmers, (weed eaters). I don't care about the trimmers but if they come with, I'll take them. Does this sound like a fair price? Around my area people are asking that much or more for a WH that looks like total junk and some that don't run. I don't think it would cost too much to freshen up the engines so I really want to get them. Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks,

953 nut

:WRS:  I can tell you that in western NC the people who are selling a  :wh: are very proud of them and price them high. Two :wh:  with a mower and a mystery attachment would sound good to me!  Good luck and remember,  :wwp: 

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

BigKen

Thanks. About to head out to pick em up.

BigKen
a8fea68675adfff08e14ade62e0569c7.jpg
  • Like 2

BigKen
d9b062a8b7366928e48a55745465c438.jpg

AMC RULES

Nice  :wh: score there Ken. 

:WRS:

niftynoah

The front piece on the electro 12 looks to me as if it may have had a generator head and pully mounted on it.Nice find

Edited by niftynoah

music100

Think I saw those on c list earlier. Liked to have had them but need to get my 414's in good shape for the mowin' season. John

BigKen

Good thing you didn't get them. Both engines broke the rods as soon as I got them off the trailer.

Sparky

Good thing you didn't get them. Both engines broke the rods as soon as I got them off the trailer.

Ummm.....you mean the connecting rods in the motors went times 2??

Mike...........

BigKen

Yep. Ran for just a few minutes then rod broke. Same with 2nd one. Had plenty of oil in both. Ran at the guys house when we loaded them.

ericj

if you were closer i would buy the 12 auto off you. dad's first tractor was a 73 12 auto that he bought new when i was a kid. that was a real bummer that they both blew a rod as soon as you got home  :banghead:   :angry-cussingwhite:

eric j

953 nut

Too bad, can't imagine two broken rods in one day! By the way, what was the mystery attachment that was to come with them?

BigKen

I knew the Auto 12 would need rebuilding as the guy told me the engine had a knock but the Electro 12 was supposed to be good and I was going to use it to mow this summer while I got the Auto ready for winter to plow. My dad and I will start tearing the engines down next weekend. Hope to get lucky and not have to have them bored but if I do no biggie.

BigKen

A turning plow.

Mgryder1

BigKen, I saw these on CL as well, what part of NC are you in?

BigKen

Burlington area.

Mgryder1

I'm restoring a charger 12 and I may have some parts left over that you could use. Mower deck, drive pulley, etc. Interested? I'm in Salisbury.

BigKen

Maybe. Shoot me a pm when you know what all you have. Thanks.