oliver2-44

Sears Side Sickle Bar Mower on wheelhorse?

oliver2-44

Has anyone mounted a Sears Suburban Side Sickle bar mower on a Wheelhorse 312-8, C-161 or similar tractor. I recently aquired on with some other equipment i purchased. I wondering how much modification it would take to mount, and for the mule drive to work or if i would be better off selling it.

post-14212-0-70386000-1426426803_thumb.j

post-14212-0-22822600-1426426816_thumb.j

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   No reason you couldn't do it. Take a look at the "Sears Suburban GT" site and you will see a couple of images of them mounted. The mule drive on the Sears is very much like the  :wh:  and all you would need to do is make up the brackets to mount it to your frame; should be able to mount it to a mid mount tach-a-matic. When you do it  :wwp: 

Good luck.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

Thanks I like the tach-a-matic idea. This sickle is heavier than a standard mower deck. Are all the tach-a-matic hitches on mower decks the same weight, or is the hardware on the top of a 48" deck heavier than a 36" and a 60" even heavier? 

Dince this is a 5 ft sickle I suspect I would need some weight on the opposite side of the tractor.  Is it better to use wheel weights on the opposite side or put weight on the sickle frame.