ian

mounting for lifting blade

ian

have a 310 8 wheel horse I have a blade 36" app width I have the rear axle mounts I have been using a chain mid way to lift the blade but I cant get the hight I need. I would like to know what is used to make the link to lift the blade I have arm strong lift.  thanks for any help on this . ian

Trouty56

Hi and welcome to the forum.....not sure what all you may have hanging under the tractor.....if it has the mower lift hanging there I use a small piece to attach the blade to it.....there are holes you can use....the piece i use might be 2 inches long or so....

groundhog47

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:Apologies Ian, saw NEWBIE, thought you as Newbie now  Is this a mid attach pulled, mid pushed, or front push blade. With rear mount sounds mid pushed or front pushed.  Most it appears have a solid lift link. The mid mount from what little I know requires an angle in bend to clear steer stuff, pushed or pulled. The front push would work BEST, I'd s'pose, with a solid link as I believe it puts some down force aside from blade weight. If you wish to make one go in search>forums>>lift link. Vendors on here sell repro and Kelly may have some used. 

By the way, what is you location/where are you located :wh:

Edited by groundhog47

2bcross3

I have a 1 inch flat bar about 4 inches long I'm using between the lift bar and the lift tab on the frame of the plow.

ian

thanks to all that replied to lifting of snow plow my blade is a older horse with no bracket on the blade to mount to the tractor . I will weld a piece of flat stock on the blade it will be trile  and error to put the bracket in the right spot. on my 310 8 there are two brackets one is higher with holes in it and one is lower for the mower to mount on which bracket would I use ? thanks  ian from mi

bmsgaffer

I think you should try to post pictures. Most people use a lift link that's pinned to the blade and then to the tractor (so it can flex and be removed).

You may save yourself some trouble, as I am sure a member on here will sell or make you a link for a reasonable price.