tractorhogg

THANKS to Bowtieguy I have a D-160

tractorhogg

Bowtieguy (Frank Rufenacht) hooked me up with a very nice Wheel Horse D series. I bought his D-160. The old girl was well cared for and not abused in any fashion and seems to have a lot of life in her. The best part about the tractor is that it seems to be 100 percent unmolested and in a unrestored state, and other than an axle bearing (see picture from the rear) and fresh fluids, looks to be very solid. Apparently Frank, his family, and I share a commonality, we hail from Switzerland. Frank's family has been here for quite some time, but I came over on the boat, well it was actually a 1964 Constellation Comet, but I was born not far from the Rufenacht ancestral home of Rufenacht, Switzerland.

post-6272-0-69986700-1425786612_thumb.jp

post-6272-0-39804800-1425786618_thumb.jp

post-6272-0-66780200-1425786622_thumb.jp

post-6272-0-23578200-1425786626_thumb.jp

post-6272-0-78660100-1425786629_thumb.jp

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hogg, very very nice, clean straight sheet metal. A great starting point to restore, or, use as is. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

slammer302

Frank is a great guy my dad was eyeballing that thing the last time we up their

• Like 1

squonk

And a nice Kohl-Aire to boot!  :)  :thumbs:

• Like 2

Sparky

Very nice....if I buy a "D" ever again (had 2, both ONANS) I'll be after the D-160 with the single Kohler.

Those rear wheels seem to stick out real far? Are they stock?

Mike.......

• Like 1

tractorhogg

Very nice....if I buy a "D" ever again (had 2, both ONANS) I'll be after the D-160 with the single Kohler.

Those rear wheels seem to stick out real far? Are they stock?

Mike.......

Its just the one wheel., its not completely on the axle, I have to take it off and replace the axle bearing in the transaxle housing

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: survivor there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

pacer

That one does indeed look nice and original and you should have it working shortly -- and enjoying it!

I've got that exact same D-160. :woohoo:  Seems the big block 16hp one lunger versions are somewhat scarce - Im rather glad mine has that engine, thank you. Mine had led a pretty rough life and had some terrible "modifications" done to it - a board for a seat, boat gas tank wired on to back, awful mess of a front trailer hitch mount, welded on! and Ross steering box wiped out. But the good news was it had a fairly recent factory Kohler complete engine replacement :) and the hydro seems to be in good condition. Have got all those probs straightened out and I use it a lot. I also have a D-180 that Ive had for some 25yrs - these D's are just plain bad a**!!

• Like 2

Theroundhousernr

That would be the one I would be looking for to with the big Kohler single. Nice find!

• Like 2

brandonozz

Congrats on the purchase!  I really enjoy my D and my favorite thing about it is the 3 point.  Glad to see that yours has the 3 pt and with a little work will be ready to go. Not many of us Horse nuts down here in the South-central.  Where in OK are you?

• Like 1

tractorhogg

Hi Brandon, I'm north of Tulsa 25 miles, not many of us GT nuts in Oklahoma that collect any tractors, I think this makes 17 GTs for me, of various brands. I go to school at Rogers State in Claremore, might being going to OSU next year

• Like 1