royB100

Cable Rear hitch

royB100

Does anyone know the best way to replace the rear attachment lift cable on a wheel horse b100? I know I have to raise part of the frame off of the transmission to open up the tunnel but I don't know the best way to go about doing it. Thanks in advance

Racinbob

First.... :WRS:

What year is your B100? I'm not following what you mean by raising part of the frame. :)

squonk

Here's how to do it. Quite simple.  :)

royB100

It's a 1976. Under the seat pan above the trans there is a little tunnel that the cable sits in but to get it in there supposedly you raise the the frame, slide the cable in and "sand which" the cable between the two.

post-14796-0-32513400-1425754998_thumb.j

Racinbob

OK, actually you don't raise the frame. You just need some clearance between the top of the transmission and the rear seat/fender assembly stuff. Follow what Mike posted and you'll be good to go. :eusa-think:

royB100

I'll give it a go and report back. I have another original piece to put back in place of te old one so it might be interesting trying to get the yoke to fit in between the tunnel and the transmission.

Edited by royB100

royB100

I need at least a half an inch clearance

squonk

I took the 2 bolts that hold the fender pan mount to the trans and wedged a tire iron between them to hold it up. conduit/brake tubing slid right in.

royB100

Finally got it, I took the two bolts that you are talking about out and then took the other four out of the front and easily lifted the tractor up an inch while a friend slid the cable and yoke underneath. Thanks for all the help guys!!