neil

Trip into the New forest Hampshire UK to pick up C160

neil

The previous owner says that the hydro transmission has a problem & doesn't drive , is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for that would prevent her from driving ??????

gwest_ca

Make sure the axle key is not sheared in the right rear wheel hub and the tow valve is closed.

Garry

• Like 2

Callen

make sure the DCL is engaging the cam plate, camplate isn't worn out, transaxle mounting plate isn't broken. make sure there is tension on the drive belt. Does the Hydraulic lift work?

• Like 1

squonk

Awesome C-160 my favorite!  :thumbs: I had to replace the hydro motor in mine 5 yrs ago. It's getting a tad tired again but I have a working spare sitting in the shop for when the time comes.

Hey look a phone booth! don't see thm anymore around here. I wonder where Clark Kent changes his clothes?  :confusion-confused:

I like that "Hood" decoration on that shed too!  :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Pollack Pete

Very nice C-160.I'm sure you'll figure out the drive problem.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice score Neil.   :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sparky

Awesome! So how for did ya have to drive to get it? I would think finding a C160 over there would be tough.

Mike.........

neil

Mike,

The C160s are pretty rare over here, I only know of around 5 or 6 . This one was built in Belgium . I guess they were extremely expensive when new so not many were bought here .

I must be honest ,I am really looking forward to having a play with around with her.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Really like it's work clothes too.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

KC9KAS

C-160 is a great machine. Hope you get the "non-moving" problem figured out.

I also love the phone booth...Guess that is where Super-Man went, because we don't have phone booths in the US anymore.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Neil. Nice score. Keep us updated. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Very nice Neil...I also like the phone booth (with the "SAVE ME" sign in it)...I like that trailer you got the C-160 in also.  :):)

• Like 2

Horse46

Oooo very nice.

meadowfield

Nice find Neil, a C160 auto would look good in my collection!

:)

• Like 1

squonk

That is an interesting trailer. Short with a double axle wheelbase. Sounds like someone I know!  :)

Love the pics from the "other side" You have beautiful landscapes and buildings over there. Outstanding craftsmanship.

• Like 1

neil

The New Forest is a beautiful part of the country , very expensive place to live with wild horses & donkeys that just wander past your house. It is very near the Isle of white also .

The telephone boxes are still used here in many places in the UK , although the telecom company sold many of them to people who now use them for garden ornaments or even indoor shower cubicles .

The trailer is a twin wheel 8x4 domestic trailer, just big enough for one tractor & maybe an RJ sideways.

The C160 spent the last 4 years just mowing a horse paddock on a small farm .

• Like 3

boovuc

Nice find, Neil. In the first picture..why is that Tartis painted red?  :)

• Like 1

fireman

I'm jealous Neil! I like my C-160 8 speed but would love a hydro version!

• Like 1

can whlvr

nice find,love my 160 auto,but I did have to have the pump rebuilt,i would put her on jacks and remove all the linkage from the cam plate and follower,then you can move the cam manually to see if it anything happens,and of coarse that's after you check the manual push valve and key ways,look at the drive pulley on the pump too

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Another score Neil ! :handgestures-salute: , good machine....... Impressed how you manage to sniff these out. Have you now got all your Stock under cover?.

I'm still thinking about a Trailer :confusion-shrug:, but need to sort another Vehicle that will easily drag one first  :scratchead: .     

neil

Hey Richard, good to hear from you .

I have 90% of my tractors now under cover except my grey fergy .

I have been building a small barn to store the tractors .

The C160 was on that auction site but was advertised as just a " ride on mower" i think it would have sold for a lot more than it did if the dude sold it under " Wheel Horse" . It only had 6 bids and my bid lasted for three days. Didn't expect to win it

post-2119-0-52387300-1425880135_thumb.jp

jackhammer

Good for you