jd110

What is this pulley set up for?

jd110

Hello,was wondering what this pulley set up(lowest center)is used for?Is it part of the front mounted sickle mower? Thanks Mike

post-14329-0-58791800-1425562195_thumb.j

WH nut

What machine are you picturing there?

jd110

Sorry 1956 rj35

post-14329-0-58044900-1425692899.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-bravo:  :text-bravo: Mike, that is one nice RJ-35, congratulations on having found such a great complete survivor. The mower you have is a CBR-32 and if you go to the "Manuals" tab you can download a copy. You won't find any reference to the two pulleys you are asking about and I don't know of anything else  :wh:  related that would have required them.

Since people six decades ago were very resourceful it would be my guess that they were for a power take off to drive a flat belt pulley mounted to the RJ to power a pump or compressor or perhaps a hay bail elevator. I remember we did these things and more with our Standard Twin walk behind, no reason the same couldn't be done with an RJ.

Can't wait to see what your plans are for it.  :text-coolphotos: 

jd110

Thanks,the double pulley has a spring loaded hub like a clutch.I am removing it and put it on the shelf.Waiting on some parts to get it running again, and tires.Don't have a restoration plan in future,too many other projects ahead of this one.