JPWH

Question about implement paint

JPWH

I am building a box blade and almost finished with it. A few adjustments are needed on the pivot but... thats another opportunity. I started thinking about painting it. What color, what product, and also my discs, plow, cultivator, and sod cutter that is my next build. I wanted to see if anyone has used rustoleum truck bed coating for the dirt engaging parts. I have a work truck that this was applied on and with 8 years of hauluing it is holding up real well. I really don't want to repaint every year if I can avoid it. I know I'm asking the right people and looking forward to some good experience and good advice.

Hank

squonk

Do not paint any part that actually touches the dirt. You want them shiny and as smooth as possible.

JPWH

That was my first thought but without covering them I figured they would rust again between use.I guess I will be building another lean to and oil them up.

specialwheelhorse

there is a marine grade that is shiny and smooth as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squonk

You want the grass / soil to roll off. you need it slippery. Get the metal as smooth and shiny as possible. you can coat them with a vegetable based oil/ grease to keep them from rusting and contaminating the soil.

Digger 66

I keep a spray bottle of 1/4 oil & 3/4 kerosene handy .

ericj

i wipe the dirt off my brinley plow and then just spray it with any black paint to keep it from rusting and is good till next year

eric j

specialwheelhorse

Kendall oil used to put out a gooy yucky stuff

Especially for this. Just slop on with brush.

Dont know if they still produce that or not !!!