jeff lary

Replacement Seats

jeff lary

That little saying is a line from a Grateful Dead song called New Speedway Boogie, just seemed appropriate for a group of Wheel Horse fans.

Your saying, on the other hand, reminds me of a politically incorrect but humorous little tune called Bowlegged Woman, Knock Kneed Man.  I understand It's an old R&B song, but I only know the Hot Tuna version, which by now is also an old song.  I'm happy to hear that at least bowlegged women don't grow old. :)

I think this thread has officially been hijacked. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ohhh Iiiii love to go swimming with bow legged women and swim between their legs,,swim between their legs

tunahead72

... I just came back from a store called Hoober, Inc. They are an IH-Case dealer, and a dealer for K&M Seats. They used to be located about 30 miles from me, but moved this winter to less than 2 miles from my house...

Well, THAT'S convenient.  Hoober's is good people, I stop by their Chambersburg store every once in a while to pick up parts and supplies for my International tractor (the other red tractor).  I used to shop at their store in Intercourse, which was their first store.

There's too many jokes in that last statement.  Thank goodness you and Martin and the others are keeping this thread on track. :)

Martin

Thats great news Bob!

Doesn't it just make your day when you are able to shop local and pick up what you need for a great price????

When you consider that price includes the switch, which i think was around $12? that ends up being a great deal.....

and you get to check it out before buying it, nothing worse than coming home to a new arrival at the door step and you open it up and it has some damage or you aren't completely happy with it......

• Like 1

jeff lary

I am trying to show a photo of the seat it just arrived , but when I add the picture to the post I no longer have an option to " post" I only see " add to post" and more reply options soo I guess no pictures ?

jeff lary

Correction once I add a photo all I have for choices are "add reply" or" preview post" so I cannot post to this thread with a photo today? anyone ever had this happen? I also keep getting a message " this page has expired" ?

Martin

once the pic is added just click 'add reply'. what happens when you click either one?

one should post the reply,  the other lets you preview what you are about to post.

I'm not sure i understand what the problem is? does the pic appear in your post once you attach it? most people have problems with attaching the pic itself, but once you get that, should be a matter of replying just like any other post.

rmaynard

Adding pictures to RedSquare is very easy.

Click on "More Reply Options" in the bottom right. That will open a different text box.

Now in the bottom left is a button that says "Choose Files". Click that. A new box opens within your computer allowing you to choose the picture that is stored in a folder on your computer. Double click on the picture, or select the picture and click "open". The folder will close, and a small thumbnail of your picture will appear at bottom left with the name of the file, and directly across from it on the right side will appear "Add to Post | Delete". Click on "Add to Post"

The name of you file will then be shown either at the beginning of you text, or somewhere in within. It depends on where you left the typing cursor.

I always click my mouse and place the cursor where I want the picture to appear.

At that point, you look at the bottom center and you will see two buttons, "Add Reply" and "Preview Post". If you click on "Add Reply", the post will immediately be sent with the picture attached. If you click on "Preview Post" you will see what your post, with the picture will look like before it is posted, allowing you to edit. Then you can hit "Add Reply" if everything is okay.

• Like 1

jeff lary

here is the new seat still in the box, no picture so I will try again

Edited by jeff lary

jeff lary

try again ha ha there I got it . The other day I guess I was not clicking on add reply? To me I guess that sounds like more text you know reply? I guess I thought there was a button that said  "post" That's what happens to me, if I don't do something often I forget how probably sounds lame but it is the truth. Thanks for the tutorial on posting , I wrote it in my note book beside my chair . That is where I write all the things I know I will forget. Jeff

post-13227-0-86935100-1426614246_thumb.j

Edited by jeff lary
  • Like 1

jeff lary

A few practice pictures last years garden , Blueberries, Dog. Just stuff

post-13227-0-61890500-1426615516_thumb.j

post-13227-0-12326000-1426615572_thumb.j

post-13227-0-66052900-1426615604_thumb.j

post-13227-0-90845800-1426615635_thumb.j

post-13227-0-50153700-1426615698_thumb.j

post-13227-0-87751600-1426615745_thumb.j

post-13227-0-55729100-1426615780_thumb.j

post-13227-0-19665000-1426615807_thumb.j

post-13227-0-28356000-1426615843_thumb.j

• Like 2

squonk

If my Lab was in that UTV those would be half eaten!  :)  I came home today to a destroyed box of Total Cereal in my living room. Not a crumb anywhere. :rolleyes:

jeff lary

Yes I know mine has eaten a camera a watch many pens , pencils  sticks of fire wood and of course he likes to relax with a nice poop cigar every now and then

jeff lary

That seat looks to have sliding rails/ tracks that you can move the seat on forward and backward. I wonder if the guy on this site ( cannot remember who it was sorry) who used one of these seats used it with the sliding tracks on it of took them off? My old orig seat slides some too but I just slid it back and that is where it stayed since 95 sooo.

Racinbob

You might be referring to me Jeff. I tried the sliders but removed them. They are nice to have for different size drivers but I'm the only one that uses it. Very comfy seat.  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 1

jeff lary

Good Bob I am happy to hear it,.. today it is 16* and 35 mph winds blowing and drifting snow. Green grass red tractor is in a far  far away future I am afraid.

ericj

i saw that seat last night at tractor supply foe $ 154.00 or $ 159.00 can't remember. but thought that was too rich for my blood

eric j

Racinbob

Yea, I was surprised to see how much TSC raised their price since I bought mine. But Jeff got a much better price at Surplus Center and it's a great seat.

squonk

I kept the adjusters on mine

jeff lary

I am glad I came in here and asked around thanks to all of you seriously thank you.

Now a lesser question I have been thinking a lot about the seat safety switch. Bearing in mind you are not speaking to an electrician what is the EASYEST way to add in some type of seat switch? I probably have more electrical stuff than some but I am not a wiz by any means . Crimp on or solider I am all set wire tester all set just the basic stuff really.

I am trying to get my wife into learning to mow and well she  needs all the help she can get. My son is next door and has always used the tractor with the seat switch working. I don't worry too much about the mower running while not in the seat. You would have to really intend to put you appendages under the deck . But what I do think about is getting off with the transmission still in gear and a run away 500 # tractor crashing into the house tree fence ect.  If you know of a switch that would easily work for me fill me in.

bmsgaffer

If you look at the seats that Bob (rmaynard) posted, they have a seat switch that you can order made specifically for that seat. I didnt go back and read the whole thread so I may have missed what kind of tractor this is going on, if you post that then I can be sure of which type you need but it is likely a NO (normally open) type.

Please read Bob's thread here: As the safety interlock system by default on some of these horses (if not all?) will not do as you describe. They will only shut off a running tractor in the event that your PTO is left on.

If you want to add to the safety of the tractor I would definitely recommend making the same modifications that he did to the system, which will cut off the tractor in the event that the brake is not set and you leave the seat.

And please post the year (or the ID number if you are not sure)

jeff lary

I HAVE THE KM 123 UNI PRO ON A 312-8. Sorry bout the caps I can usually just see em better. I don't think my tractor shuts off if you leave it in gear right now? I think it only shuts off if you have the pto engaged and try to leave the seat . So if I could get that back to doing that I would be happy. I had a brain cramp about run away tractors seats & switches,... cookies ,wood stoves, shoes,..... well you can see how my mind works....I can get off track pretty easy.

rmaynard

Did he say Cookies?post-2221-0-76393800-1426779013.jpg

Racinbob

You'd need to check the diagram for your exact model but I believe the 312 operates as you mentioned. The engine shuts off when you leave the seat with the PTO engaged. On that model it uses a normally closed contact held open when sitting on the seat. It runs from a PTO switch that closes with the PTO engaged. PTO switch closed, seat switch closes when you leave the seat and the circuit is then complete and it grounds out the ignition.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat: 

jeff lary

Yes that sounds right now to see if I can find a switch to do that? Maybe I can call the people where I bought the seat and see if they sell a switch to fit it somehow?

Edit: Update Surplus Center does not sell a safety switch. So now I have to try to find one elsewhere the question is will any, 2 wire, plunger in - out switch work?

Edited by jeff lary