Sign in to follow this  
Irv

A little help please

Irv

1996 312-8.  No start. Solenoid clicks. tried jumping it but nothing. Direct from battery to starter and it turns. Saftey switches seem to be okay. Any ideas? thanks guys

Coadster32

I've had a solenoid click on me, but the contacts were burnt enough not to carry the load.  

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Bad connections, low battery, even with jumpers you may have "bad" connections.

Irv

Good battery. (by the way, I'm not messing with it now, it's in the back shed surrounded by 4 ft. of snow, just getting some ideas before I can get to it). As I said, I tried jumping the solenoid terminats with no luck but when I go direct from the battery to the starter it turns fine. Could it be a fuse or bad connection at the starter?

Edited by Irv

gwest_ca

This should help. Each circuit has it's own diagram

Garry

Don1977

I have had a lot of trouble with the those cheep solenoids. Clicking solenoid - usually means a weak battery but you have ruled that out by jumping to the starter.

I haven't had any trouble with this type it's the same type Wheel Horse used on my C-120. You may have to modify the cable ends as this one has 5/16" bolts.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Solenoid-Switch-!-SPST-12V-750:100A-Grounded-Intermittent/p_743399

Edited by Don1977

Irv

Finally got around to working on it.It was a bad solenoid. That's the first time I've had a solenoid go bad that I could'nt jump to make it work.

• Like 1