gary m

need help hooking up a plow on a 310 wheel horse

gary m

I'm trying to hook up a plow to a 310 wheel horse, the guy I bought it from I believe is missing a bracket from which the plow attach's to, I have a chain hanging down which is hooked to the raising handle, also on the bottom of the raising handle there is a 1/2 welded rod that has a hole for a cotter pin, which is not being used.

The plow is bouncing on the driveway when your plowing, I need to raise the plow a little bit so it doesn't have all it's weight on the driveway, is there a bracket I'm missing? There is a welded bracket on the frame that's where I thing another bracket should be, please help me with this problem. :bow-blue: post-13566-0-80102600-1424640067_thumb.j

varosd

on the snowblade, you should have a silver looking piece of metal and the chain is attached to that with the forward most hole on the lift.  :text-welcomeconfetti:

plow2.jpg

310_zpscfe642e4.png

3e67e2dd.jpg

eabfe1ed.jpg

Edited by varosd
  • Like 1

Tim

is the plow attached to the rear bracket on the rear end?

daveoman1966

The plow (dozer blade) is anchored to the rear axle using this bracket. Once you have the bracket bolted to the axle, leave it there...no reason to take it off.

If you need the axle bracket, send me an email... to this address:

daveoman@windstream.net

post-1200-0-02277900-1424643672.jpg

post-1200-0-76138700-1424643673.jpg

post-1200-0-52885100-1424643809_thumb.jp

gary m

Thanks everyone the plow is connected to the rear end of the wheel horse, I have a few pics to attach. The silver bracket is one I need, if anyone knows where I can buy it I would appreciate it. That silver bracket, does in go thru both holes on the bracket that's welded to the plow frame? Also the safety switch under seat I don't believe is working the way it should, when you sit on the seat the engine won't turn over, if you

lean forward up off the seat it turns over.

Are all 310 wheel horse single traction rear end, only one wheel spinspost-13566-0-69830700-1424646807_thumb.jpost-13566-0-18691200-1424646845_thumb.jpost-13566-0-44361600-1424646886_thumb.j when you push into a snow bank.

One more question, how do you adjust the height of the plow when it lands on the ground?

Edited by gary m

Sparky

The plow is bouncing on the driveway when your plowing, I need to raise the plow a little bit so it doesn't have all it's weight on the driveway

I don't think  :scratchead:  your 310 has dial-a-height (I could be wrong) so whether you use the silver solid link, or 3-4 links of chain instead you will still have to hold the lift lever to keep it off the driveway with all its weight.

Mike........

• Like 1

squonk

I've never seen that silver bracket on any plow. I just attach that chain to the hole in the plow with a bolt and washers

clip

My plow had the short lift link, replaced the chain with a solid lift link I made and haven't looked back.

Ed Kennell

The plow is bouncing on the driveway when your plowing

Sounds like your mounting and lift questions have been answered.  

The bouncing  problem may be caused by the blade scraper edge being too perpendicular to the pavement.  :eusa-think:  

Try tilting the blade back by putting the top end of the blade flip springs in the top hole in the blade. :twocents-02cents:

gary m

I can't express my appreciation enough for all the help on my Wheel Horse, you people are great and again, thank you.

Gary Morton