Dieselcowboy

New JD

Dieselcowboy

I finally had the opportunity to get a newer tractor. This is a 2005 2210. It is like the holy grail of all garden tractors. Just a wee bit bigger than a large garden machine. 4x4 ,diesel, 3pt , ps, 54" mower deck and the loader! The one down side is the pto has been busted out. This is normal for the 2210 as it had a weak bearing boss inside the trans. No problem there that's what I have 7 other big tractors for. Best of all is the wife wanted me to buy it. That's a rarity!

post-6454-0-00689500-1424449109_thumb.jp

• Like 3

wheel-mule

I'm not a green guy at all,but I would really like to find a 2210 or 2305 that I could afford.nice find

DOC in Kentucky

I have a 2006 JD 2305 with 4 wheel drive and the R4 ag tires, 60 inch deck, front loader and weight box. It has 240 hours on it now and I got it in 2007 with 25 hours. I use it to mow 2 acres as well as snow removal. It is an unbelievable machine! Don't get me wrong, I still love playing and collecting Wheel Horses and I think the older ones are very good machines but I couldn't pass up this FREE Deere.

Digger 66

And look at all the goodies in the bucket !

RMCIII

Just my :twocents-02cents: , but the 2200 and 2300 line actually replaced the x585 and x595 lines.  < This will be argued that the 7 line replaced the 5 line. But the flexibility of the 7 line pales in comparison to the 5 line, you have to go to the 2000's to get the similar type set-up that was pretty much standard with the 595. The 5 line seems to be just a little bit more durable. Case in point the pto, which is a know issue. The front axle assembly is slightly larger on the 5 line also. I have not compared the gears, side by side, but I would assume the axles and gears are a little larger in the 5 line. I am no expert, but my JD parts man passed on a 2210 to get a 595. Same money....... Again, no expert, because I still think the 2000's are good also, but it seems the 5 is a little beefier and durable.

Rob