tractorhogg

Big Mistake selling my Wheel Horse

tractorhogg

I had a pretty nice D-180 with a deck and 3 point, but about 3 years ago I sold it for 500, 100 more than i paid for it. That was stupid of me and I wish I had it back or better yet, I think they made one with a 16 hp single cylinder Kohler as well, the early D-160, that and a GT14 are on my tractor radar

rmaynard

I feel your pain.

I spent a lot of time and money restoring a 1976 B-100 back in 2010/2011. In November of 2011 a friend asked how much I could sell it for. I told him that I really didn't want to sell it, but on a whim, I posted it on Craigslist for sale for $2200.00 thinking that I might get some inquiries, but never expecting anyone to buy it. It sold. So, it's gone. I know now what it could sell for, and most of all, I regret to this day that I sold it.

• Like 1

tractorhogg

I think with both of us it's not primarily the money issue, but rather our desire to have the tractor

• Like 1

Forest Road

Rebuilt a trans on a 312-8. Painted the tins, new decals, lights.... Had to let her go. You bet I wish I still had her.

• Like 1

slammer302

I sold a C-85 to the daughter of a guy I work with I miss it from time to time not because I need it but it was my first and only black hood that I've had

• Like 1

96 Wheelhorse

I have a 1996 520 H with only a little over 300 original hours and I'm the second owner, when I bought it in January 2010 it only had 42 hours on it, it came with a 44" snowblower, wheel weights and tire chains and that spring I bought a new 48" mower deck and that next winter I bought a cab for it and I know I wouldn't want to part with it for no amount of money. These WH are one of the better machines out there today, they are made like a small tractor and thet are built rugged. I like this machine.

• Like 1

bowtieguy

Hey TractorHogg....turn your radar NORTH....I've got a D-160 w/3 pt hitch with your name on it!!..only 2 hrs to the OK/MO line!!.816-806-9774...call me.

Hey Slammer.......I've got a couple black hoods for you....bring BIG trailer!! :auto-camptrailer:  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

slammer302

Sounds good I know you have one with a snow cab with my name on it

KC9KAS

After reading these posts, I need to make a note to myself...."Don't get rid of any WH tractors...I will regret it if I do"

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 3

ericj

i can't say that i regret selling any of the tractor that i've sold over the years except the 18 hp onan that i sold a couple of years back. it was a good running motor with good compression. i need money for my sons college. i don't sell tractors or wheel horse stuff on a whim. why do you think i have so many tractors. :hide:  i wish i didn't have to sell any of them, :banghead:  but i only have so much room to store them and only so much funds to play with. it's to the point that if i buy one, one has to go, just the way it is and the way it has to be   :banghead:  

eric j

• Like 2

Sparky

My second WH was a 701 with the original motor.....I regret selling that one more than any of the others that have left here. I often wonder what became of it, hopefully its still intact.

Mike...........

stevebo

Mike-

How about that D you sold a few years back? I have never seen such a nice original ....

Sparky

Mike-

How about that D you sold a few years back? I have never seen such a nice original ....

Oh I regret a whole bunch of tractors I have sold in the past including the D...but the 701 I regret the most.

Mike.........

tractorhogg

Looks like Frank (Bowtieguy) just sold me a single cylinder D series sight unseen, he's about 3 hours away and I am really excited about getting another Wheel Horse, the collection has been so very lonely, even with 15 other machines.

• Like 5

squonk

4 years ago I sold a GT-14 with a plow for $500. It had a crappy blitz paint job and a Farmall muffler but it ran good and had home made weights and chains. It came up for sale a few month ago by the people I sold it to for $900. Looks just like When I sold it. Now i's down to $700 Still regret selling it but I have no room now to buy it back.

posifour11

Looks like Frank (Bowtieguy) just sold me a single cylinder D series sight unseen, he's about 3 hours away and I am really excited about getting another Wheel Horse, the collection has been so very lonely, even with 15 other machines.

Frank won't steer ya wrong.

• Like 2

tractorhogg

Frank won't steer ya wrong.

I had a real nice talk with Frank, I spent 6 years with the 24th and 25th INF DIVS, Army Strong all day long. Thank you Posifour11 and Frank for your service. I know that part of Missouri very well and will enjoy going there again. You car guys are everywhere up there, many of the best custom car builders are in your backyard, real history up there.

857 horse

my passions are my grand children        my 2 ( very lucky to have ) son and daughter..

and my new found (4 years) hobby WHEEL HORSE TRACTOR

i still have the first one,,,,a 401

what i got with the tractors was unexpected,,,,,,A WHOLE NEW FAMILY...

and non of this i would want to loose anytime soon....                       THANKS GUYS,,,,,,

• Like 4

Butch

I feel your pain.

I spent a lot of time and money restoring a 1976 B-100 back in 2010/2011. In November of 2011 a friend asked how much I could sell it for. I told him that I really didn't want to sell it, but on a whim, I posted it on Craigslist for sale for $2200.00 thinking that I might get some inquiries, but never expecting anyone to buy it. It sold. So, it's gone. I know now what it could sell for, and most of all, I regret to this day that I sold it.

I wouldn't have thought you could get near the asking price. Did you?