cdsl810

wheel weight bolts

cdsl810

I was given a pair of plastic covered WH wheel weights, but they didn't have the mounting hardware. What size/length bolts are normally used? They are around 50# each.

Sparky

That would depend on the depth of the rim. I believe there are three common sizes.

Mike..........

cdsl810

The weights fit on a 10.5 inch wide by 12 inch diameter rim (520H)

boovuc

Those bolts are longer than what are usually needed on the stock WH rims. Here is something you can do....................if you need to get them on and quickly, go to a GOOD Mom & Pop hardware store or Lowes, Home Depot, etc and pick up some all thread in half inch or 5/8ths with the nuts and some washers. You only need two bolts or all-thread for each rim to hold the weights. You can cut the all thread to any length you need and pick up the bolts you need at a later date. (Or just use the all-thread).

Takes a little longer to mount with all-thread verses bolts but if time is critical with storms coming, etc. it is a very good alternative.

I have all-thread on my 520 rims mounted on my C-175 blower due to not having the proper length bolt handy! That was over a ago! Still on there!  :roll:

gwest_ca

All the 12" wheels I have seen use 1/2" diameter bolts or all-thread for the weights.

Garry

clip

Not near my tractor at the moment but I believe I used 9" long 1/2" carriage bolts from the inside out, combined with an SAE washer, split lock washer and nut. I have about three threads protruding from the nut. Only used two per wheel and its been great all summer, no movement from the weights. I didn't torque them down much past the point of compressing the split lock washer because I didn't want to crack the plastic.

For reference, it's on a stock GT1600 with 7.5" wide wheels (9.50 tires).