lb7349

kohler engines

lb7349

I hace a kohler k321 engine I replaced head but no compresson 

groundhog47

:twocents-02cents:  You are prob aware of the ACR (auto. compression release), but I'm not sure what rpm it kicks out. Even so with your plug out, a blown head gasket would even give a minimal feel with thumb over spark hole. Have you removed head and watched to see if valves opening and closing and gasket not blown? If so and all is well try putting all back together and see if when starter rotating, dip stick out that internal pressure feels to stong (excess ring blow by...totally worn out). Might also hear see, feel excess crankcase vent - valve breather blow by with shot rings.    

Hope I'm understanding your condition and this makes sense! :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by groundhog47

KC9KAS

The ACR shuts off (or closes) at 600 +/- RPM I think, so you have to spin it pretty fast to really check the compression.

Edited by KC9KAS

wheel-mule

I have spin the engine backwards to check compression.

lb7349

thank you to all that replyed to my post it was very helpful

can whlvr

what do you mean no compression,as in zero,if so I would think you have a valve issue,not closing all the way,i would pull the head and check to see if both are operating as they should,maybe even try a feeler gauge around them when closed to see if its actually closing