Hodge71

Snow plow on a GT-14

Hodge71

Does a snowplow mount on a GT-14 like a D series or a C-series? Or is there a specific mount to mount a snow/dozer blade on a GT-14. It has a 3 point on it as well. Not sure if that makes a difference or not... Thanks for the help

jeremi3210

It uses the same rear mount as the d.

KC9KAS

The plow on my GT-14 connects to the axle bracket like most others. My problem is the plow frame hits the front axle therefore it doesn't raise very high.

Maybe I have the wrong frame.

2013-12-07093854_zps5dbdb145.jpg

Hodge71

Great, now I have 2 guys with 2 different answers....anyone else have a third answer or maybe can clear up the previous 2 statements. Im not exactly sure that 1mounts to the axle like a C and 1 mounts in front of the axle like a D. Unless it a date of manufacture thing... :confusion-helpsos:  :confusion-confused:

Edited by Hodge71

Theroundhousernr

Mine mounts like a C series from underneath the rear axle.

Hodge71

Mine mounts like a C series from underneath the rear axle.

Thats 2 for C series...Almost unanimous...lol

KC9KAS

Oh, mine mounts from the bottom up into the bracket...That still doesn't make mine right!

Hodge71

Oh, mine mounts from the bottom up into the bracket...That still doesn't make mine right!

No matter which mount you use it mounts from the bottom up into the bracket and the ears pivot down to keep it in. The difference is a C series hangs under the rear axle, a D series mounts in front of the rear axle housing because  the D was so much longer than a C. I believe all A-frames are the same. The only difference is the short frame tractors 

Shynon

Mine mounts to the front side of the axle.

IMG_4659_zps4614fe45.jpgIMG_4658_zps626ba8ee.jpgIMG_4657_zps220d8dfb.jpg

Theroundhousernr

Had to check mine again after seeing that picture and mine to mounts to the front also. My apology.

Edited by Theroundhousernr

Hodge71

And with that , the mystery is solved!! Thanks guys... Really appreciate it!!

Ken B

Jeff are you fixin to add a GT14 to your herd? I think that will make a nice addition to your fleet. Ya gotta have something heavy to clear that 2 1/2 minute long driveway! 

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE THE GT-14 THAT JEFF USED TO HAVE. AFTER I GOT IT JEFF REWORKED THE FRAME FOR ME SO NOW THE BLADE LIFTS UP 10 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.     RUSS

Hodge71

Jeff are you fixin to add a GT14 to your herd? I think that will make a nice addition to your fleet. Ya gotta have something heavy to clear that 2 1/2 minute long driveway! 

Well Ken The 18 auto with a 56" blade has always been my snow beast but I have had a  soft spot for GT-14s.Unfortunatelt the 18 had been nothing but a hydraulic nightmare since I bought it. I have to go out and tear the pump out today and rip it down to put in a new gasket because the old one leaks like a sieve  and a set of new lines because these leak all of a sudden. It marks its spot like an old Harley...lol... Now I have a spare 56" plow and a snowblower for it that I picked up from a local guy for $175. I was thinking that a GT -14 with the spare 56 incher, the 18 with the snowblower or its original 56" blade would make a great team. I would have to get rid of the all original condition 551 that I have to do it but it may be worth it in the long run

I HAVE THE GT-14 THAT JEFF USED TO HAVE. AFTER I GOT IT JEFF REWORKED THE FRAME FOR ME SO NOW THE BLADE LIFTS UP 10 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.     RUSS

That must been lots of work Russ. My 18 doesn't get the plow 10 inches in the air and its right against the axle almost

Edited by Hodge71

SALTYWRIGHT

JEFF (FIREMAN) WELDED THE FRAME , I CUT A V OUT OF THE FRAME IN FRONT OF THE AXLE TO BEND IT UP. IT WORKS MUCH BETTER NOW. RUSS

953 nut

JEFF (FIREMAN) WELDED THE FRAME , I CUT A V OUT OF THE FRAME IN FRONT OF THE AXLE TO BEND IT UP. IT WORKS MUCH BETTER NOW. RUSS

:wwp:   Please!

ol550

:text-yeahthat:  :confusion-confused: