KC9KAS

Looks good. You will be blasting away soon!

• Like 1

312Hydro

Great looking cabinet! Are you using some type of gasket for the door? I've used cabinets with a window on top for the fluorescent light and there was a vac port to cut down on airborn dust. The metal lining was a great idea.

Edited by 312Hydro

prondzy

looks good!

AMC RULES

Looking well thought out...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

please keep us updated on your progress. 

oliver2-44

I have some heavy felt and some foam gasket material that I plan to experiential with on the door. My lighting will be exterior floodlight type lights. My window will be 1/4" tempered glass from a copier with a thin piece of window glass über it as a replaceable glass. I'm currently mocking up the door with cardboard to play with the glove and window to make it as comfortable as possible

pacer

That is lookin really bad a** can tell youve put  a lot of thought, and time, into it! And I can certainly vouch for how incredibly handy a blast cabinet can be - our horses can sure get rusty and nasty...

You didnt mention having a vacuum system - this is virtually a MUST HAVE in a cabinet, it will dust up so bad all the lighting wont help. Having had the HF cabinets for some time now and experimenting with several cobbled up vacuum versions, I finally broke down and got the "reclaimer" system from HF -- this thing is GREAT! I scrounged up a %25 coupon and that made the cost just over a hundred bucks which I thought was a steal.

Those Tacoma people are great, I get some of my blast media from them. Otherwise I get Black Diamond from TSC (Its SO cheap!)

Keep the pics coming...

image_21642.jpg

• Like 1

oliver2-44

yes, I'm going to do some kind of dust collection. Thanks for the info on the HF Reclaimer, I'll look into it

clip

I've had the best results with HF glass bead. Doesn't clump much, excellent flow, lasts a long time and leaves a great finish. I do load Black Diamond in my pot blaster when I'm outside, generally the items I do outside need a fast-cutting sand.

ol550

Just my 2 cents worth.  My blast cabinet door came with some plastic sheets to protect the glass.

When they pitted up to where you couldn't see you just put on a new one.  Trouble was they were

an incredible dust magnet.  Now I have a fine mesh brass screen over the glass.  Protects the

glass from pits and easy to clean.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

I'm close to cutting the holes for my blast cabinet gloves and would appreciate some help with the height and spacing from any of you.

I want to make the glove height and spacing as comfortable as possible.

I've measured the medium size HF cabinet and the &" glove rings are center at 14" which seems close together on my large cabinet. The HF holes also seem 6:" to low.

With my arms at my side, bent at the elbow forward, the center of my forearms is 21" wide and 44 inches high 

My current plan is to use heavy wall 8" pvc pipe for my glove flanges, The thick wall will give me enough material to put a nice radius on the ends so theirs not a sharp edge.to lean on.
Of course I'm open to any other glove flange suggestions as well.

Thanks for your assistance!

P.S some of you look like you enjoying your tractors dealing with all that while stuff up north. but temps in the -0 are way to cold for this Texan! :scared-ghostface:  :scared-ghostface:

oliver2-44

I finished my Blast Cabinet and have been putting it to work. Initially I had a few dust leaks around my front load door, but have improved the seal.

Here's some pictures.

post-14212-0-35128200-1426110659_thumb.j

As I built it, I spent some time working on getting the arm hole height, spacing and window height so I can comfortable sit on a stool while using it.

The work area is 30w x 48L x 36D and the cabinet overall is 64" high

post-14212-0-73702000-1426110680_thumb.j

post-14212-0-26788900-1426110738_thumb.j

1st Blast load, C161 rims, deck belt guards, iron tractor seat, and antique sewing machine stand (I promised my wife this project would help me complete some projects for her!)

post-14212-0-65690400-1426110757_thumb.j

24" saw mill blade (someday will be my shop sign) and boat motor covers

I've learned one of the side benefits of the large cabinet is  that I can work on several items at the same time.  I set the sewing machine stand parts and iron seat on top of the rims, By the time I was finished with them, the rims below them were 3/4 blasted

Next load WH 42" deck, 312-8 hood & seat pan

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

Talk about a man cave...    :scared-eek: 

man, you could get lost in that thing. 

312Hydro

Great looking blast cabinet! How are the lights working out? Are they frosting over? The whole build looks well made.Thanks for sharing your build.

GT14

Nice job, thinking about one for myself.

oliver2-44

The lights are working well, and no frosting yet. They are similar to how the TP tools blast cabinet lights are set up.