CraneOp1

42" Snow thrower will this fit?

CraneOp1

I have 1985 312-8 that I would like to put a snow blower on. The manual calls for mod#06-42ST04 for this unit. However I have found a guy that has a mod#79262 snow blower for sale, and I have note been able to cross reference this snow blower as to whether it will fit my 312-8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

The  79262 is for a vertical  mower -won't work  on your tractor without major rebuilding of the blower!

Check drawings on Partstree.com     Hit the Toro logo and place   79262 in the Model box and you can see drawings of the  blower .

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

CraneOp1

Thanks, Lane Ranger.

This will save me $300 plus the trip to go get it.

brianc423

CraneOp1,

The newer model for 300 series tractors is snow thrower 79360. That will fit your tractor as that's the same blower I have for my 310-8.

• Like 1

CraneOp1

Thanks brianc423, just found the exact fitting one over the week end and going to make rode trip to check it out and bring it home Thursday.

brianc423

No problem. Hope all goes well. Will have to post pics ya get it home.

CraneOp1

Bad day Thursday took 1/2 day off from work to look at and hopefully bring a 1977 model snow blower, get there after an hour drive and the guy dose not have the lift tube assembly. So I come home empty handed. Back to ground zero and CraigsList. Find a 1993 79360 Thursday night on CL call the guy Friday went 2 hours in snow storm to check it out. Get there take one look and know it's coming home today. Looks almost brand new all the parts and pieces are there he's asking $300.00 get him down to $275.00 and he throws in $80.00 worth of tire chains for coming down in the snow storm. After a brief stop at Rural King back on road  home. Home a little after 2:30 drop snow plow off, mount the blower cleared 4" of snow plus drifts work way better than plowing. Best $275.00 ever spent. Shot the 4" about 30' and when I got into the drifts shot snow about 50'. :bow-blue:   

• Like 1