Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Found a Horse buried under some snow today!

Hammerhead

I was cruising the back allies of my small home town today and spotted a Wheel horse from a long ways away! I went around the corner and down the next ally and found this oldie buried under some snow! It looked like a Bolens at first with all the snow on it. But after closer inspection I see it is a WH. I talked to the owner and he said he just got it last week with the big Farmall tractor that is next to it. I asked if it was for sale and he said sure. I looked it over and he said it was a 654. It has a 654 drive belt guard on it but after I checked it out further, I could tell it was a 1961 Model #701, one of my favorites! It has the wrong hood and is missing the seat and spring and the double starter generator belt guard is missing too. No big deal since I have one on the shelf.  All else looks good including the Kohler motor is loose and intact. He said for me to make him an offer so I said $75.00 and he said no, but he would take $150.00 for it. I said I would go that high on it. I got his phone number and said I would get it next week or next weekend. He said he had some more WH's in the barn, a Raider 12, a Lawn Ranger, a 654 and a very nice old 1958 WH! I said I would like to see the 1958 Horse but he said these weren't for sale. I asked if I bought the other one, if I could see the 1958 tractor and he said yes. So I will get back to him later to get the 701 and see the oldie in the barn. I was hoping it was older than 1958 and maybe I would try to buy it anyways! I will keep ya all posted on this deal!

001_zpstilskf1g.jpg

• Like 7

Lane Ranger

Hidden gems abound !

AMC RULES

Better scarf 'em up...

they're going quick.   :scared-eek: 

Pollack Pete

Old " Eagle Eye" Craig.Better keep your eyes on the road.Haha.

Pollack Pete

That guy has a lot of nerve.A tarp on the Farmall and the Horse goes bareback.