Sign in to follow this  
bdanie7

finally got it home

bdanie7

I picked up my green charger 12 today, sorry no pics. yet. Of course I had to look around a little to see what else I could talk him out of. I found a 18 h. horizontal shaft for 50 bucks and a 656 with garden plow,minus motor, for another 25. :banana: I felt that I got some stuff for 175 bucks total.First order of business is to get the charger back to red.I will be needing a few parts for this one.The p.o. took off the mid hitch because he only used it too pull a fertilizer. Luckily he didn't remove the drawbar or the sleeve hitch.I screwed up and missed a 48 inch deck on ebay for 100 bucks. only 20 miles from me. :banghead: Hoping to find another one .hint hint as I start the restore I will try to post some pics.

BairleaFarm

Depending where you are ive got a 48" for sale as well. Post some pics when you can - it sounds like you did good.

JimD

that's a great haul for 175.00. :banana: what's the model # of the 18 hrs? i know where there's one i'd like to get. doubt it wil be 50 bucks though. have fun reclaiming the horse from antlerville! :banghead: :USA:

bdanie7

Thanks Sparky. I've got them in my watch list now.Hopefully I can come up with some more attachments. This one is gonna be my sons project and he is already eyeing my stuff.

bdanie7

I'm gonna need some help with this one. The previous owner hacked up the wiring on the charger and I gotta fix it. Does any one know if the raider used the same wiring harness,minus the electric clutch.If not,does any one have the diagram and/or the owners manual for this unit.It is a model 1-0400.I was hoping to make a new harness by copying the raider or use the wiring diagram. I looked in the yahoo groups, but there isn't a manual for this model.My son is going to do the paint work,but dear old dad has to do the mechanical.I need to go through the carb. and replace the choke and throttle cables.the next question is, did the p.o. do any damage by running the hydro "push valve" in the half way position.When I picked it up he said if the tractor wasn't running he couldn't hardly move it. I showed him the valve ,that was stuck for a minute,and he said he never knew anything about it. It was turned to the side instead of straight forward. This is my first hydro so I dont know anything about it.I'm used to my raider popping wheelies if you release the clutch to quickly.I drove the charger around the yard and it seems a little sluggish.any help or advise will greatly be appreciated. Thanks. :banghead::USA: :omg: