Horse46

What model Horses can we get in the UK?

Horse46

As the title suggests, what model Horses do we get here in the UK, I didn't realise that the Lawn Rangers were over here until I read James has one he is restoring.9

So far i have seen what I think were a Raider of some sort? and a B-80 which I'm tempted to buy(  :help:  addiction forming), My own C-101 and my neighbours C-120.

Also the Black hoods and the non Kohler As n Bs

How I posted here is beyond me? Please feel free to move it if need be 

Edited by Horse46
  • Like 1

Jparkes43

As the title suggests, what model Horses do we get here in the UK, I didn't realise that the Lawn Rangers were over here until I read James has one he is restoring.9

So far i have seen what I think were a Raider of some sort? and a B-80 which I'm tempted to buy(  :help:  addiction forming), My own C-101 and my neighbours C-120.

Also the Black hoods and the non Kohler As n Bs

How I posted here is beyond me? Please feel free to move it if need be 

hello.

well as i said in my area they do come up in the uk but rare very rare, they where imported in the uk by gd mountfield when new and put in uk showrooms for people to buy, as you might know i have a 1990 227-5 but as for other tractors i'm not sure.

sure other people will chip in

james

neil

The earliest wheel horse tractor were imported to UK in 1958 starting with the RJ58

These are the tractors that were available in UK although most of the early stuff from the 60s is very rare

Rj58

Suburban 401

Commando 8

Charger

Raider

Commando 800

GT14

A series

Bseries tractors

Cseries tractors

D series lawn tractors

There are a few more that I may have missed and I am sure that others will notify of this but this list should take care of most of the rare models.

• Like 1

meadowfield

I think you covered it Neil :)

There's just the newer Toro ones to add from 86 on, 200, 300, 400 and 500

• Like 1

Horse46

Wow, I didn't realise that there were that many.

Where are most of the older models bought and sold, I've not seen any on eBay or Gumtree and the like?

Also what's the average price of the more common models like the C series, I've seen a few come up for sale around £300-£500 but I think thats a bit high unless they are in really good condition? 

Thanks for re locating the thread  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Horse46

Horse46

So what's the chances of finding an 854 - 856 in these here shores, and a cutting deck? 

Am I expecting to much?

neil

854 is really rare and do not come up very often , there was one on was on eBay early this year in Good condition but didn't sell as the guy wanted around £900 .

I have only heard of around 4 856 so these are also rare ,but be patient they will show up some time & keep looking .

Hunting is the best part

• Like 1

Jparkes43

854 is really rare and do not come up very often , there was one on was on eBay early this year in Good condition but didn't sell as the guy wanted around £900 .

I have only heard of around 4 856 so these are also rare ,but be patient they will show up some time & keep looking .

Hunting is the best part

just like me hunting for my ranger, patience is the key

james

Horse46

Hunting is the best part

£900 holy moley! no wonder it didn't sell.

I like the shape of the front of the 856 and the short wheel base, are the commando's the same or similar?

I've no idea of market value and it would appear no one likes to say what they pay for their's, but I'm not bothered to be honest, I got mine for £200 which I think is about right for what I have (1978 C-101) in fairly good shape. 

Can anyone give me an idea of value to pay for models that require refurb not restore, ball park figures?

neil

The short frame tractors are all pretty much the same tractor just with little differences.

The commando 8 is pretty much the same as the 658

£200 for a c101 is a really good price , I have seen these go for around £400 to £600 depending on condition or whether is has a deck or other implements .

£900 for a good 854 is also a reasonable price as you are paying for their rarety , round hoods are really desirable & rare here in UK so will fetch more money.

Horse46

Blimey, that has shocked me! 

This has changed my opinion and future plans for more horses, unless I get lucky again.

Funny though, you say be patient and as I type one appears on evilbay for close to what you said with a plough and a deck!!

And then a D200 with loads of kit and a price way off my allowance comes along right after  :jaw:

• Like 1

Jparkes43

Blimey, that has shocked me! 

This has changed my opinion and future plans for more horses, unless I get lucky again.

Funny though, you say be patient and as I type one appears on evilbay for close to what you said with a plough and a deck!!

And then a D200 with loads of kit and a price way off my allowance comes along right after  :jaw:

ive been looking too and have seen the ones you have too

james

meadowfield

It's all about being in the right place at the right time. The best deals are often not on that auction site....

Horse46

From what Ive seen so far most are up north.

When u say right place right time, I guess that's happened to me to begin with.

Are many sold at the shows or is it word of mouth?

I'm thinking as they are quite uncommon on our shores we may be competing against each other?

So should I not mention if I see one that I'm not interested in, how's it work on here, don't want to upset the apple cart?

Tom.

Hi,

As others have said, persistence and patience is key. I was lucky enough to get an 856 and as Neil said there aren't many around. Keep looking and you will get one I'm sure..

Tom

neil

From what Ive seen so far most are up north.

When u say right place right time, I guess that's happened to me to begin with.

Are many sold at the shows or is it word of mouth?

I'm thinking as they are quite uncommon on our shores we may be competing against each other?

So should I not mention if I see one that I'm not interested in, how's it work on here, don't want to upset the apple cart?

If you see one that you like and are interested in ,I would keep the info to yourself until you have purchased it. We are all still looking for the rare ones . Unfortunately I have had to buy mine rom America & had them shipped over .

The round hood lawn Rangers occasionally pop up on eBay so keep looking

Horse46

Thanks guys, I'm not actually looking for another one, I just keep looking though, don't know why?

Neil I wish I was unfortunate to have to have had to import from America, maybe try that one on my next holiday, it's ok though, you're secret is safe with me :-)