stratostar250

I bought a Techy!

RedRanger

I guess I'm lucky.  I've got a Techy on our Lawn Ranger and it starts on the the first pull once warmed up and usually on the second pull if it's cold.  Of course I just rebuilt the carb, maybe that's why?  This thing purrs like a kitten.

My grandfather hated, I mean hated Tecumsehs back in the day.  Nothing but Kohlers on his tractors.  As a little kid, I often heard him bad mouth Tecumsehs.  I almost didn't buy our Lawn Ranger when I saw it had a Techy just because of the hatred my grandfather had for them.   lol

• Like 1

stratostar250

Tom...

if you get scared of that Techy...

just let me know. :handgestures-thumbsup:

If I do get really scared, I will let you know! I have an old H60 that my uncle gave my dad and I for a generator, that has next to no compression, so I'm gonna tear it down and learn about it, because I've never actually done this to any engine. Maybe I'll make a thread in the non-tractor related forum about it. But if that Techy scares me enough too, I'll certainly talk to you about it! Haha
  • Like 1

wheel-mule

I know I'm an odd ball,and a lot of the guys on hear that know me will say Amen to that,but I like Tecumseh engines.I own several.Give me a PM if you want to sell it.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Here's another ODD BALL that has a 40 year old tecky powered C-120 that has mowed and blowed snow for me for 25 years. It has never failed to start and it runs perfect.  During the  25 years that I have owned it, I have done nothing to the HH120 except change the oil and the air filter.

• Like 2

squonk

The Tecky's I had in the 60's would start from the heat generated by the pull rope being pulled a 100 times trying to get it to pop!  :)  Maybe I should get another rope cranker. I could skip Cardio Rehab and save money!  :)  :techie-eureka: 

• Like 4

squonk

Brand spanking new Tecky showed up at the shop this morning. I think I'm going to have a little trouble getting it to work in a Horse though! No PTO pulley for starters and then I need 208 Volts!  :)

post-2380-0-76441300-1421878801_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-90767800-1421878876_thumb.jp

• Like 3

stratostar250

Brand spanking new Tecky showed up at the shop this morning. I think I'm going to have a little trouble getting it to work in a Horse though! No PTO pulley for starters and then I need 208 Volts! :)

Maybe it can be adapted to make an indoor horse with mower deck, that you can leave plugged in and mow and trim rugs :ychain:

• Like 1

squonk

NO TECKY'S IN DA HOUSE!  :)

• Like 1