Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Help with hydraulics needed

Stigian

Greetings all ye fine Wheel Horse folk, im hoping you can help out a hydraulics novice.

After lots of thinking/looking/ :banghead: ing about Project 6x6x6 hydraulic drive is the way to go to get the "on the spot" track type vehicle steering Im after.

The only problem is after doing loads of research on the interwebthingy im still drawing a blank about quite how top do it and what parts i will need. :USA:

Do any of you chaps know any good websites that night have the info i need?

Sort of a "dummys guide" with pics and diagrams kinda website would be spot on :thumbs: , but any help you can give with info would be greatly appreciated :omg:

CasualObserver

Hey Ian, don't know if this will really help or not, but over here we have small crawlers made by Struck called Magnatrac. Here's their website http://www.magnatrac.com/, if you go to it and click technical support and scroll down to the bottom of that page, you can get to the drawings of some crawlers. Not perfect, but if you coffee1.gif (drink some coffee and look them over) it may give you some ideas to work with? :banghead:

Duff

Ian, wouldn't our RS friend and your countryman Mith be a good source of information on this one? :banghead:

Duff :USA:

Stigian

:lol: for the replys Guys :banghead:

Thanks for the link Jason, those Magnatrac crawlers look coll and fun little machines :lol:

Another Thanks for the link, this time to John :USA:

I did have a look through the hydraulicsupermarket web site the other day, maybe i should take a closer look.

Im not sure i would subscribe to their 'machinery lubrication magazine' though, my Wife would divorse me for reading such "wierd and boring" stuff :D

Funny you should mention Mith, Duff.

I had a natter with the metal master last night and he pointed me in the direction of the machinebuilders.net forum to have a look at some of the builds going on in the new projects section. Some very cool builds indeed :omg::thumbs:

Once again, thanks for the replys guys, i certainly have some reading to do now :D