Sign in to follow this  
Horse46

Trying to ID a PTO to mule to deck belt?

Horse46

I've scoured the manuals but I'm still confused as to which belt I need. And to add to my confusion I have found two belts and there is quite a bit of difference in cost, but they both look identical to me in the manual section.

for a deck 42" side exit serial no. E for Europe 542MS0 the manual says number 102742 for rear and 102741 for side. Now they both look identical in the picture. Does anyone know if they are the same lenth/width as each  other?

gwest_ca

You need this chart if you have the deck model number.

The belt dimensions are in 2 lists at the end of the file.

The parts lists are shared by similar models and the illustrations are only a sample so they could add item numbers.

Garry

Horse46

I did find that Gary, 

My deck number as much as I can make out is E542MSO E = Europe 5? 42= width of cut? M? S= side exit

On the Toro part finder, it shows an exploded view of both decks, and to me the belt appears to be the same for rear or side exit decks, and the difference is one digit i.e. 102741 for side and 102742 for rear . 

What I wanted to know, is there actually a difference in the belts or not? 

I have found both belts but they differ in price by £10, of course the one I need is the dearer of the two, and would rather spend the extra on something else if I can. (every penny counts)

Regards

Mike

post-14145-0-69399500-1421408362_thumb.j

Edited by Horse46

gwest_ca

If you look at page 71 of that chart

Belt 102741 is HA/A x 96.6" = 1/2" x 96.6"

Belt 102742 is HA/A x 103" = 1/2" x 103"

Garry

Adding - Your deck model number is E5-42MS01 - last 2 digits are zero one (numbers)

5 = mowers

MS = Mower Side discharge

01 - parts list identifier

Deck model 05-42MS01 will be the same as your E5-42MS01

Horse46

Ok that I understand, the one belt is slightly longer. :thanks:

So help me out with the toro part finder, for my deck number it gives a belt number for a rear exit deck?? :confusion-confused:

Lane Ranger

I use the Partstree.com  website to find my belt number for attachments, tractors, etc.  It is easier to use than the Toro website.  If you have the mower deck number (which you do)  check it out and you should be able to find your belt number fairly quickly!

TT

E5-42MS01 (1988) takes a #94-2501 drive belt ~ which replaces the old #102742

I don't know if you have access to Gates brand belts, but I use their #6378 on my side discharge decks.  :confusion-shrug:

Horse46

I just found a company who do a belt No. A102742 it's listed as a Wheel Horse / Toro V belt, I'll take my chances it's the right one. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

gwest_ca

Ok that I understand, the one belt is slightly longer. :thanks:

So help me out with the toro part finder, for my deck number it gives a belt number for a rear exit deck?? :confusion-confused:

Most of the parts lists at Toro are shared by similar models no matter what the item is from tractors to mower decks. Many parts are common to all models but the few that aren't cause identification problems. If you ever find an original parts list the parts are well documented for each model.

From drive belts to mower blades the Charts are a great help.

Garry