Fun Engineer

H60 75016 Tecumseh parts help.

Fun Engineer

I finally got around to working on a 603 that I picked up last year. I need to find a good source to order parts from. I can't seem to find this model number at any of the usual places like partstree or rcpw. I also need advise on a decent carb as I understand it's easier to replace one than rebuild. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my tractor seat.

slammer302

AMC rules pointed me to this carb on eBay 631828 outdoorpowerdeals is the seller

Fun Engineer

Thanks slammer.

Any idea on a source for parts?

slammer302

I use eBay most of the time and there is a couple local shops I always check with before I order of the eBay if there's something in particular you need I can check around for you and ship if needed

Fun Engineer

I'm not sure what I'm going to need other than I'll need a new carb and a new recoil spring. I'm not sure if the recoil is correct as its painted white.

Unfortunately I can't find a local source for parts. I did find some service manuals on redsquare that will help some. I'm used to working in the Kohler K181's.

I appreciate your offer. I'm hoping to find a parts index with part numbers for it and an online company that I can order from.

wheel-mule

Send me a PM. I should be able to help you out on mast parts.Carb is less than $50

gwest_ca

When you see the Lauson spec numbers in a list many with recoil start end in an even number and electric start end in an odd number and are consecutive.

Try 75015 and 75017

Garry

Fun Engineer

Thanks slammer, Chuck and Gary.

So are there no sources for parts for this model online? I'll call partstree today and talk to a customer service rep directly to see if there is something I'm not doing right.   I'm unable to find a specific parts manual that lists this model either online or in our manuals section. Every model number has a letter designation after the model number.  Mine does not.  Makes it kind of hard to even shop for parts on ebay or if I can find a local source. With all the 603's out there, there must be a better way to secure parts.

Chuck I sent you a PM.

Thanks again, Dave

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

Fun Engineer

So yesterday was not only Super Bowl Sunday but in the 45th Parallel Garage it was "Tecumseh Sunday".  I worked on the 603 and L-157 Lawn Ranger yesterday. 

I got the 603 running.  Found the carb on ebay for under $21 and I bought two recoil springs on ebay also. (Couldn't pass up the price).  Installed the carb and spring yesterday and it started right up. Didn't need much adjustment. Still waiting on the new fuel bowl from RCPW.

I also spent some time on my Lawn Ranger with a newer H60 Tecumseh. It has carb issues also but I think it was just dirty.  The biggest issue is the throttle linkage.  The replacement engine throttle mechanism is not the same as the original and the governor is not operating properly.  I may work on that today.  The biggest problem is that it is only going to be 4 degrees here today and I have to open the garage door when I run this thing.  Brrrrrrrrr..........!

I am very happy with the outcome and want to thank all of you for your help.

Dave B.