jim3sr

help in blade I.D./release lever

jim3sr

My plow blade ID # is mod 6 9622 7 according to various manuals for my 1987 310-8 should be 06-36mr04.What exactly do I have and how should it be entered in a parts search?

Also the piece that runs from release lever to index plate,this is a rod?I don't have it,can I buy it?

( I have downloadedPDF#810280.1 ) If I can't buy it what can I substitute for this?

The area that the release lever passes by the brake pedal doesn't seem to have enough room.Plow frame is Mod# is 41137 is this correct? Can this be slid over 1/4-1/2" to allow better clearance for release lever?

Lane Ranger

On your blade (and other Wheel Horse tractors and attachments)  you can go to Partstree.com and do a search on parts,  find drawings , etc. 

www.partstree.com/

Looks like your snowplow  (Model 6 9622) is a 1970 snowplow for a long frame Wheel Horse tractor.   Plow should fit on your tractor but the  pivot handle/lever on right side will not have the offset that later model plows had to clear the footrest on your 310-8 tractor.    Also the 06-36mr04  sounds like a 36 inch rear discharge mower deck number -not a plow number for your 310-8 tractor.

The rod can be fabbed from some steel bought at a Tractor Supply Store or other rural/ag supply -even Lowes or Home Depot.  

Edited by Lane Ranger

doc724

Jim,

I was confused by your original post, but Lane Ranger cleared it up for me.  In addition to making the parts you need, you may also find a used one from Kelly (see RS vendors section).  Someone on RS in the last 4-6 weeks made one of the pivot levers.  Do a search in the implements section.  Partstree has everything you need, but parts are expensive.  I have found that Jacks Small Engine has the best pricing for most WH parts that I have to buy new

KyBlue

I made a new lever cause I'm too cheap to buy the new one from toro... Ten dollars in steel and a dollar or two in map gas &  oxygen and viola! I'm still doing the release handle -  you can use anything for that rod... Bailing wire...or mechanics wire... Something along those lines. 

Edited by KyBlue

jim3sr

Sorry I think I pulled that 310-8 plow # out of nowhere  should be 06-48BC01

Thanks for ur help will check kelly's 

KyBlue

Looks like you'll need this angle lever ...

Toro 94668601 LEVER INDEX

Price: $34.92

Toro 104341 UPPER INDEX ROD

Price: $8.62

and the upper piece you squeeze is NLA ... but was:

Toro 5107 DISCONTINUED

Price: No Longer Available

Edit: PartsTree.com lists the Part 5107 as Discontinued but can still be added to your cart. You might call them to see if they have a few on the shelf. List Price $46.40

Edited by KyBlue

KC9KAS

I have used a coat hanger (straightened) to make the "rod" before.

I also have used a small diameter cable with cable clamps instrad of the rod.

It is not necessairly being "cheap" just "frugal"!

• Like 3

jim3sr

can't I just use the strait lever I have and just have it bent

KC9KAS

can't I just use the strait lever I have and just have it bent

Sure, if it will still be long enough after you bend a couple of 90* bends in it.

I have used 1/4" flat steel 1 1/4" wide and made my own lift lever.

• Like 1

KyBlue

Sure, if it will still be long enough after you bend a couple of 90* bends in it.

I have used 1/4" flat steel 1 1/4" wide and made my own lift lever.

I think mine was a bit thicker but it's 1 1/4 wide...Simple to fab

KC9KAS

I think mine was a bit thicker but it's 1 1/4 wide...Simple to fab

Yeah, the 1/4" one was a little flimsey....3/8" would have been better....Live & learn!!

• Like 1

KyBlue

IIRC - the first one I did was 1/4 and found out the same thing that you did ... as you said, live and learn :)