Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

what do these numbers mean?

jerrell

:banghead: i have the GT LP 20 (orginally a gt1800) almost finished and am looking for some ag tires , i have 23X8.50-12 turf tires on there now, but i want ag tires and i want the largest i can put on it. even if i have to raise the seat a bit, can anyone tell me what size that would be ,,, and suggestions where to buy them... :USA:

:omg: And what do the numbers mean, it has to be something to do with the height and width ,,,,right....

WH_Hobie

23 stands for height 8.5 is width and 12 is rim inch size. Your biggest tire is probably the 26x12x12. I would check with Tucker tires on ebay its an ebay store thats were i get tires

kj4kicks

Hi Jerrell, the 8.50's are about the largest you can put on your 7" wheels. 23x10.5 tires need 8.5" wide wheels.

E.

jerrell

:banghead: can i get different rims with the same bolt pattern and that will fit the hubs i have now or do i have to change the hubs also??/ :USA:

refracman

Most any 5 lug 12 inch lawn mower/ garden tractor rims will fit your tractor, but its the back spaceing you have to match up. If its inset to far you'll have problems.

fretscha

I have bought this ones and i hopy they will fit on my 316. I will put 23x10.50x12 on its. I think that are the biggest tires that i can mount without modifications. Or can i mount still bigger ones?

jerrell

:omg: :USA:

i just went to the carlile(ms) tire site and they recommended the 26x12x12, said the 8.5 rim was the prefered rim to fit????????????????

now i am confused , if i buy the 26x12x12 will they fit the 23x10.50x12 rims?????????? :banghead:

Sparky

I think what you have are 7" wide rims (bead to bead). Thats the standard RIM width for 8.5 wide tires. The 10.5 tires work best with 8.5" wide rims. The GT1800 that I bought this summer came with 10.5 rubber on 8.5" wide rims and they were standard issue on that model. If you have the 8.5 rubber then you most likely have the 7" wide rim.

The 26"or 24"x12"x12" tires wont work with 7" wide rims. If you were to get the beads to seat the tire would be way taller than the 24 or 26 inches that it was supposed to be and would not fit under the fender pan.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Mike.........

Butch

Jerell I have 23x10.50x12 Deestone AG tires on 7" wheels and they look fine and

work fine although it is not the recommended wheel. And I haven't had any

problems with them. I also bought a pair of the 8.5" wheels on Ebay that someone

above had the link to. I have 23x10.50x12 turf tire on those wheels and they have

a wide foot print which I think looks pretty nice. If you plan on mounting the tires yourself I doubt very much that you will be able to put air in the wider 8.5 inch wheel because there will be a huge gap between the rim and the tire bead. A tire

store will have to use a "Cheetah Can" or something like that which blows in a lot

of air at once to get the tire to seal against the wheel. The 26x10.50x12 that you mentioned will be too tall of a tire. That first number of 26 is the tires height in inches. It will most likely hit your fenders.

The 7" wheel may be affected if you add a lot of weight to the tractor. I don't know.

It comes down to this. You can mount those 23x10.50x12 AG tires on those

7" wheels if money is a problem. If money is not a problem get the 8.5" wheels.

Would I mount those tires on 7" wheels again? Definitely.

jerrell

:banghead: oops, i guess i should explain what i am trying to do and it may be easier, i am using a GT 1800 repowering it with a 20 hp engine and using it to plow (dirt) no snow) and cultivate,bulldoze and heavy work, no mowing,

i would like to have a lot of clearance, also want to change to a bigger size of the front tires also. i would like the 26 in tire if possible,