JimmyZ

1970 Gravely 432 Commercial

JimmyZ

I picked this Gravely up recently. I'd like to find a mower deck and snowblower for it.

2014-12-24143310_zps4389c13c.jpg

2014-12-24143341_zps4e96e005.jpg

2014-12-24143416_zps487175d8.jpg

• Like 2

stevebo

so now you are a gravely man.... lol

Racinbob

I won't be converting but I've always liked Gravleys. They must be one heck of a snow pusher with the motor in the back. Nice tractor!

Ken B

Lookin good!

JimmyZ

They are a little light over the front axle and I'll need front wheel weights for better steering grip when pushing snow. The Kohler 14 is strong but the throttle shaft needs a little attention on the carb. Replaced the head gasket yesterday and to my surprise it has electronic ignition so I'll be returning those points and condenser.

Ken B

What's a few bucks to a guy like you? :ychain:  Keep the points and condenser in stock with all your other parts!

• Like 1

stevebo

Ken-

You know those extra points and condenser are for a kohler right? If they were for a tecky he MAY..... keep them in stock. :ychain:

Ken B

Ken-

You know those extra points and condenser are for a kohler right? If they were for a tecky he MAY..... keep them in stock. :ychain:

Dave usually winds up with Tecky's but I don't think he likes them. He's a glutton for punishment! He is for the most part a Brigg's man. Ain't nothing wrong with that, even I like the older cast iron Briggs engine's...

JimmyZ

Well said Ken. I'm still in shock over the price of the carb kit for the Kohler and there wasn't much in the kit that was useful. I ended up hanging onto the extra parts to expand the Kohler inventory.With the exception of the cast iron Tecumsehs they sound like an angry bees nest.

squonk

If you want a snow pusher, Get a Power King!  :)

DSCF0571-2.jpg