jusgettingbuy

fitment of 42" single stage thrower on the 5xi series

jusgettingbuy

OK, this one is for the 5xi guys out there.  Looking to buy a thrower (and a front blade) for the 523dxi.  I talked to a real nice guy with a 42" single stage unit.  What am I looking at in terms of fitment, compatibility, fabrication to make this one work for my tractor?  All feedback is greatly appreciated. j

post-12338-0-54286500-1418410201.jpg

bmsgaffer

I am not an xi owner (though my brother in law is)

I am fairly certain that it would be cost prohibitive to convert an older style blower to an XI style. You will have to route the PTO belt from the front, between the wheels to a side pulley on the blower...

racinfool40

I agree..Save your money and find the right blower...The Xi Blowers mount up alot different than the older blowers..I have a single stage blower mounted on my Xi now and the mounting system is alot different.

RMCIII

Would not even waist your time. The Attach-A-Matic is completely different on an "xi", vs. all other horses. You would have to completely refab the entire attachment.

Rob

jusgettingbuy

Yeah, that makes sense.  Sometimes I still have that kid mentality...You say it can't be done?  Oh yes it can!  But then you get half way into a long project and realize (for the 20th time) that your time is worth something, too.  Especially the older you get...Such precious time!  Appreciate the feedback. 

shallowwatersailor

Keep your eyes open. As Rob said, don't waste your time trying to adapt anything from the classic Wheel Horse. 5xi attachments do come up once in a while. Also, Toro made the GT18-GT22 for New Holland during 1998-2005 so those attachments work as well. They are painted black and have a different number system. For example, the two-stage snowblower NH number is 716505006.

Order a 2" receiver hitch from Tom Rupprecht, one of the vendors (info under "Vendors.) It is very handy. I recently added pictures there using my 518xi to move my UFT Mountaineer.

RMCIII

Did you get in touch with Kelly for FB? I know he had a a "like new" one a while back. He was asking a pretty penny for it, but the "xi" is not a cheap garden tractor when it comes to, well ANYTHING! :laughing-rofl:

Rob