music100

Anyone know about this?

music100

Hi all, I have a 414-8 and would really like to get a snow blower for it. Unfortunately we just don't have a lot of "red stuff" in this area. I found a 6-2211 on craigs list within driving distance and wonder how involved it is to adapt it to these tractors. Anyone here ever do it? Looking at the pics it doesn't seem too far off, but without measuring it in person I can't tell. Thanks a bunch John

gwest_ca

6-2211 is a 32" model used on

1968 500 Special model 1-3631

1968 Commando 6 model 1-4631

1968 Commando 8 model 1-4831

1969 WorkHorse 700 model 1-3741

1969 WorkHorse 700 model 1-3745

It's too narrow for a 414-8 and does not fit models with the front quick hitch.

Garry

Adding

Here is a parts list so you can see what the 6-2211 style looks like. 

This one has a bolt in the rear frame that goes through the tractor frame.

Snowthowers for the C-Series except C-195 Twin Auto and the 300, 400 and 500-Series 1973-2007 will fit.

Here is a parts list so you can see what they are like.

These have a 5/8" solid round bar that goes into the front quick hitch.

Make sure you get the flag and lift tube with a snowthrower when you find one. They often get missed or forgotten.

• Like 3

Geno

Looks like Garry's got you fixed up.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

music100

Thanks a lot for the reply. After looking at the pic on craigs again I can see the bolt running thru. Guess I'll keep looking or buy a walk behind. Have a long steep drive and not going to shovel it again. John

Geno

You could also put a wanted ad on CL.  Someone may call you and have one.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

RMCIII

Geno - hook him up. You could not possibly miss just 1 snow blower! :laughing-rofl:  The other option is to look in other cities that members are in. Where there is a will there is a way to get it to you, don't just limit your search to the VA. A lot of members travel and don't mind helping out. I know in Cleveland right now there are several blowers for sale that would fit yours. Including 1 almost new, used twice, and the photos show it.

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

Trouty56

might be one close me....I am in PA though...Gettysburg area...so south central....right up 81

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

John,

You might consider a plow/snowblade as they are easier to come by and very capable. There is one in Middletown (this may not work for you as it looks like it's for a 520-H,) and another in Woodstock. My local dealer in Gaithersburg has NOS blades as well.

John

• Like 1

music100

I do have the blade, but very occasionally we can get some deep snow and I worry it may not do that well. Thanks to all who answered and offered help. Very good forum. Really like the horse I have even though it was rode hard and put up wet if you know what I mean, but would like to start looking for a black hood after Christmas spending is over. John

shallowwatersailor

I do have the blade, but very occasionally we can get some deep snow and I worry it may not do that well. Thanks to all who answered and offered help. Very good forum. Really like the horse I have even though it was rode hard and put up wet if you know what I mean, but would like to start looking for a black hood after Christmas spending is over. John

:handgestures-thumbupleft: Another Horse! I'll keep my eyes open up here for a snowthrower.

857 horse

i live in Stafford,Va............I use an 857 and have 2 snow blowers .........

my 8 horse power always moves my plow thru the snow.....with a 42 inch blade....

i have a new 48,,and never thought of needing bigger.....i have another 42 inch very good shape....$175.00

you would need an axle brace and thats it !!!