shallowwatersailor

Somebody Upstairs Likes Us

shallowwatersailor

If you were watching the news this evening you may have seen a story about a tragic plane crash with six people killed in the D.C. suburbs. Well, the crash was in my neighborhood. I live near the Montgomery County Airpark, MD, and actually in the Runway 32 flight path. The crash occurred on the opposite end (180 degrees from me) of the airport with the pilot attempting to land on Runway 14.

I always keep an ear open when outside as onetime I watched a plane takeoff and turn away but while gaining altitude there was a loud "pop" followed by silence. The pilot did restart the engine but I watched intently and listened for about five minutes after that. I still really enjoy our property that we affectionately refer to as "Heartgrove."

Life can unfortunately end at any time. My prayers are with the families involved in this tragedy.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nothing like living in the flight path of an airport...

glad you're OK John.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

case442

Hi John,

I'm happy to hear your safe, and our prayers go out to those who were part of this horrible mishap.

Mike

RMCIII

Nah - He LOVES us! But that may not be evident ot the one's who lost someone in the accident. Pray for them, and their family members, I know what that feeling feels like. One minute they are here, then next minute, they are gone. Glad you are ok!

Rob

Coadster32

Wow, glad you're ok.. I guess somewhere along the way, it's to be expected living near an airport. Prayers to those that were on board.

Ed Kennell

Glad you're OK John.    Prayers to the victims and families.

Zeek

Glad you escaped that.  I witnessed a plane that size crash one time trying to land at Capitol City Airport in PA  . . . one of those holy s____ I can't believe it moments :shock:

JC 1965

I saw that on TV last night. Horrible tragedy, glad you and yours are ok. Very sorry for those lives that were lost. Our prayers are with them.

Geno

:text-yeahthat:   Glad you're ok.