drlang94

New to wheel horse's Charger 12

drlang94

Hey everyone I am new to wheel horse's, I have been looking for one as well as checking out this forum and others. I have a few questions since I am new and I don't know how to value them but do know that it goes by location as well as demand. I am looking for some ballpark figures because the one I found the owner said he'll take a best reasonable offer.

1216083d00d08ff3b063e922486f4be1.jpgd6a77c3c441e514718d5d0f36a565d19.jpg0471e58e71508cb90792ba834814b6ba.jpg

"I got this tractor for cutting down and removing three good size trees last yr I drove it on and off the trailer it seems to b in good condition and no rust on mower deck. I recently charged battery and willing to let it go to the first reasonable offer"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Welcome to  :rs:

Thats a tough question to ask.. 

Because I would pay much more than.... say..... Geno..  :ychain:  :ROTF:

But it really depends on how bad you want it. 

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

It looks like its been repainted, missing decals, some rust.

If there is no price listed I wouldn't be ashamed to start at $100 and see what he counters with.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I wouldnt know myself..........to green yet on price figureing. Someone will chime in. Its not fair to pick on cheap,,,I ,, errr,,mean

gene. Lol

Glenn

• Like 2

Geno

Hello and :WRS:

Technically those are the ones I try to stay away from and are the first ones I'm selling for winter duty.  I try to stay with the early 70 and newer tractors because they have the tach-a-matic system and it's much easier to find attachments and parts for.  If the pulley system is missing or the cast iron piece that holds it is broken like most are, it will cost around 150.00 just for the parts to make the deck work.  When anyone calls me and says they have one like that for sale I usually say I'm not interested, that is unless it comes with others that I do want like the last 5 I just bought.  :laughing-rolling:

Plows and brackets are going for around 150.00 now that it's snow season and are getting really hard to find.

Edited by Geno

kudzu3

I'm not an expert, for sure, but the paint appears to me to be original because I believe I see the outline of the decal from the side of the hood (1st pic). Also, the wheel horse cover on the front of the hood above the grill appears to be original and not badly weathered, or new. If it runs good and all else seems to be in order, I agree to start at a hundred--hundred and fifty and go from there. As I said, I am certainly no expert, but I kinda like the tractor :) .

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat:

KC9KAS

:WRS:

If I was looking for my 1st Wheel Horse, and not too many were in my area, that tractor would be worth $150--$200 because the plow is worth $75--$100 alone.

As  others have said, offer $100 and see what happens.  GOOD LUCK, and keep us updated.

wheel-mule

I don't like to low ball someone.Thats looks to be a radier 12.Plow is worth $150 ,deck$75,if the engine runs good it is worth $300.If it were closer to me I'd offer at least $300 may a little more.

• Like 2

kudzu3

After a little thought, I agree with wheel mule, I'd gladly take that tractor home for three hundred. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

Part it out, you'll make more money.  

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES

AJ_Thanatos

I would bite at $300.00..

drlang94

Looks like I should getting it for 300, just have to pick it up. I tried 200, he wanted 300. Thanks for everyones input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk