stihl340

wheel horse rototiller help (36)

stihl340

so I picked up this new wheel horse 36 tiller (79271) and hardware mounting kit and after unboxing and taking all the parts out of there packages I have come to the conclusion that the mounting hardware is incorrect for my tractor (417A) can I still use the tiller and just get correct mounting pieces??  thanks in advance

post-14353-0-48458700-1417826954_thumb.j

post-14353-0-63107600-1417827025_thumb.j

post-14353-0-45984400-1417827094_thumb.jpost-14353-0-25972600-1417827158_thumb.j

Edited by stihl340

slammer302

I think that's the right hard ware I can post pics of mine when I get a chance.

Navig8r

Was the Work Horse not the same trans as the 3/4/500 series?

I believe you need a different axle bracket for your tractor, but the rest is looking correct... Not 100% sure, but it looks that way.

P3x

I have a 36" tiller. From memory looks like most if not all parts are there, although never seen them painted black. Try installing it and see how it goes.

P3x

AMC RULES

Any picts available...

of what you think is incorrect for mounting it to your tractor? 

(show us what isn't working)

Edited by AMC RULES

gwest_ca

79271 fits the 1994-2003 260-Series lawn tractors

Same operator manual used 1998-2003

Garry

doc724

From looking at the pix and comparing it to mine (mounted on a c-series), you will need to change 4 things to get it to fit a 417.  You will need a rear tach a matic (aka a snowplow hitch).  The rock shaft in the pix is too long to fit your 417.  You will need a mid idler to fit your 417.  I don't think the one in the pix can be reworked to fit.  You will need a lift cable (I did not see it in the pix) to connect from the rockshaft that you have (the one that is part of the lift lever or hydro lift) and the rear rockshaft.  You will need a lift cable tube (to route the lift cable over the transaxle).  The tiller itself will work just fine.  Looks like a nice piece of gear.  I hope you can find the needed parts to get it onto your 417.  BTW, when you mount this on a hydro, the tiller has a tendency to push the machine.  Not a big deal.  I have heard this from others and it even tells you that in the WH manual

gwest_ca

This is what you need to end up with

or

Garry

stihl340

thanks guy! looks like my winter project will work out just as planned with a little work