Lagersolut

Got the Horses out

KC9KAS

Terminal Supply Company      Part # 537A

Here is the link for flashers for LED's

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Search.aspx?search=LED%20flasher&qs=true

Everyone loves upgrading their trucks and trailers to long lasting LED lights, but you can run into problems if your turn signal flasher isn't built to operate with them. The problem is that a standard mechanical flasher operates based on the electrical current flowing through it, and one of the benefits of LED lights is the reduced current required by them. The result is that you have less current running through your flasher, and that current is outside the flasher's prescribed parameters. This can cause the flasher to operate erratically, flashing too fast or too slow.

What you need is an electronic flasher meant for use with LED lights. All of the flashers shown below are up to the task.

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 1

Lagersolut

Pete & Lager,,,ok,,got that part and thank you fellas,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,just thought of this.

Remember,,,,,every year we talk about FLASHERS. We have had many a talk on this.I allways wanted to do flashers to. The road I live on is high traveled going to the GS parkway. Thought flashers would give me a extra edge,,,,,so,,,,would we be able to hook up a flasher to these to?

something like front and rear flash together,,,left side flash,,then,,right side flash,,left side flash,,right side flash. Front and rear at the same time. What kind of flasher to do this job? And would it work with the led lights.

Judging by the amohnt of beer cans I pick up along the street on the front of my property,,,,everyone likes to finish thier brews before getting on the parkway and the state police gets them. Flashers might help the drunkies avoid me,,,,lol

would love to put these on the 520 with the flasher set up. By the way,,,I found the ebay seller,,,got him on hold before I order.

thanks guys,,,super good light / thread.

Glenn

See this link

I had to do things different on my 310,  has a 3 amp charging system with AC current coming right off the stator unlike the 15 amp systems that are coming off the battery , with the C-101 all that was needed was a splice on the output wire of the light switch, one switch runs both head and tail .

The 310 was a little different,  ( not chancing running the AC current to these low voltage lights ) found the hot wire on the ignition, installed a splice and  I'm running through a second switch

I fancied things up a little in the spirit of :wh:  and installed a red LED toggle .

I may order another for the restored C :eusa-whistle:

jv6gig.jpg

34dpf9f.jpg

My tail lights will be in the mailbox tomorrow for this tractor :) 

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, night reading / pondering. So if I get the led flasher unit that can also tie in to the regular bulbs in the front? I ordered a set of the rear bulls eye lights to. But, like you cant tell, I know absolutely zero on doing electric work.

Also lager, that led light switch is the cats meow. Cool as can be and meets wheel horse fancy up standards. Imho

Glenn

before I forget, where did you get the "fancy" switch? Ty

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

Ok, night reading / pondering. So if I get the led flasher unit that can also tie in to the regular bulbs in the front? I ordered a set of the rear bulls eye lights to. But, like you cant tell, I know absolutely zero on doing electric work.

Also lager, that led light switch is the cats meow. Cool as can be and meets wheel horse fancy up standards. Imho

Glenn

You want to flash the headlights too?

Yes, the flasher for LED's will also flash the incadescent bulbs.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

You want to flash the headlights too?

Yes, the flasher for LED's will also flash the incadescent bulbs.

Yes sir, them to. Thanks for the reply.

Glenn

Lagersolut

Glenn

Jersey I sent you a PM .

Lagersolut

OK , got the lights in the mail today - took pictures through my install,  hopefully it will make it easier -

The lights - nice foam backing to pad the wires behind

j9c375.jpg

The connecters I'll use -  butt splice - tap splice - Bullet connecter - 18 gauge wire ( not pictured spade connecter on switch and round eyelet connecters for the ground )  my Channel lock stripper and crimping tool does an excellent job on these

vio8qa.jpg

For fastening I use # 10 x 24 1" machine screws with flat washers and double nut the ground wire on top of one the nuts - two small Philips head screws hold the lights/ circuit board to the housing I remove to get mounting screws into holes

oscsn7.jpg

No drilling needed on this style fender pan - lights line right up

2nk57j7.jpg

Prop  up the fender pan - the red wire is my lead

jzv1br.jpg

All wired up, straight wire lead into either light , then bring the other lights wire over into a splice

o0bjvb.jpg

Here is the bullet connecter - this  enables me  to disconnect the harness/lights on the fender pan from the tractor in case it needs to be worked on tractor for whatever

jqnrcp.jpg

All lit up complete with new lighted volt meter wired into spade connecter on light switch ( volt meter from tractor supply )

29w8o55.jpg

Out the door

vosw21.jpg

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Great picture tutorial and man are those babies bright. I bet airliners overhead can spot you.

thanks, Glenn

eidt: I just spotted the brewskis by the tools, ah yes, there more important tools. Lol

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn