Lane Ranger

American Pickers This Week- New Episode "Grudge Match"

buckrancher

HO HO HO

hang in there Mike you have many more shows you need to go too

Brian

• Like 3

squonk

Yes. some of the "older children " need entertainment!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:greetings-wavingyellow:   Me me me me me...

and, are we there yet?    :scratchead:

• Like 3

Terry M

I have known people like that 85 year old seller. Won't make a reasonable deal, and will end up dying and leaving everything to be auctioned by his estate.

Know of a guy like that too......some nice WH stuff stored inside and out. and won't let it go for any reasonable price or deal.   

• Like 1

Geno

I have known people like that 85 year old seller. Won't make a reasonable deal, and will end up dying and leaving everything to be auctioned by his estate.

Or the kids sell it, that's where half of mine came from...  Hopefully though one of us ends up with them to either give them or find them good homes!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 3

boovuc

There are collectors and then there are hoarders. Hoarders can't let things go. I knew a great older fellow I had the privilege to know and work with. A millionaire who would wear bibs and crap-kickers that enjoyed going to auctions and buying things. He had three Gravely Walk-Behinds and a bunch of attachments for them. They sat outside in the rain. Year after year. Season after season. I begged him to sell me just one so I could mow my steep side hills safely but the answer was always no. He just couldn't part with the stuff. None of it. It all rotted in the fence rows. Everything from an old Packard automobile to an old REO truck, farm tractors and farm implements, a neat old Autocar semi and a Mercedes sedan and bin after bin of stainless, brass and copper fixtures, appliances, tools, etc were sold as scrap by the family after his passing.

Oh and those shows are heavily scripted. Still is neat to see what Americans have stashed away on their properties. I watched it last night. I'm sure the show's staff look at what collectors collect and if there is any fringe collectible that they can somehow drop some historical facts about. Look for more Garden Tractor "purchases" once or twice a season for IH, JD and Simplicity. Maybe a Sears also.

MTV was a music channel! Comedy Central isn't funny anymore! National Geographic is all over the place and Godawful bad and the History Channel is now.................history!

• Like 4

SousaKerry

I sent the store an email yesterday asking if the tractor was still for sale.  Still no response, we shall see.  Hopefully it did not go to a scrap yard after the show was done filming.

• Like 2

oaktown1987

Good show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ_Thanatos

I sent the store an email yesterday asking if the tractor was still for sale.  Still no response, we shall see.  Hopefully it did not go to a scrap yard after the show was done filming.

Ha... I did too!! 

• Like 1

oaktown1987

Seen that episode so excited I know about 45 minute both directions that sell wheel horses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Bartlett

Lane Ranger....Many, many thanks for the screen shots of the program.  Like you, I had placed some before and after pictures of my 1961 Suburban on Flickr, and was intrigued by an email from "Alexandra" with the show "American Pickers".  She emailed me a permission form, asked me to print it out, sign it, and send it back.  I did.  On Sunday, I received another email that said the program would broadcast on Wednesday night.  I was puzzled by the fact that she wanted a copy of the "before" rather than the "after" version.  Anyway, that is the one they ran on the program!  I am attaching  my original picture from Flickr.  My 15 minutes of fame was more like 1.5 seconds of fame, but what the heck, I really enjoyed the limelight.

Tom Bartlett (See my name in the credits at then end?)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6841

• Like 6

AMC RULES

You gotta admit...    :handgestures-thumbsup:

that was one awesome "before"  :wh: .   

post-3498-0-03642400-1417870829.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Lane Ranger

Tom:   I thought I knew the name from somewhere on the Suburban .  When I saw the credits the first time I saw your name on them!

AJ_Thanatos

Got an e-mail back from the American Pickers. It has already been sold.  :no:

rmaynard

I liked the concept of the show when it first started, but after I found out how much of it was scripted, I watch it now with much skepticism. Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Survivor...the list goes on and on. The show producers must think we are stupid or gullible. I guess we are if we keep watching.

• Like 4

Coadster32

I liked the concept of the show when it first started, but after I found out how much of it was scripted, I watch it now with much skepticism. Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Survivor...the list goes on and on. The show producers must think we are stupid or gullible. I guess we are if we keep watching.

That's exactly why I "cut the chord", and have an antenna on my roof now, just like when I was a kid. Free TV...what's that??  Instead of paying for 200+channels with nothing on, I now have about 40 channels with nothing on, but don't pay anything for it.

Interesting to me that "Nova" is still on. I used to watch that as a kid.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

That's exactly why I "cut the chord", and have an antenna on my roof now, just like when I was a kid. Free TV...what's that??  Instead of paying for 200+channels with nothing on, I now have about 40 channels with nothing on, but don't pay anything for it.

Interesting to me that "Nova" is still on. I used to watch that as a kid.

AMEN! I never paid for cable since I left my parents house and my wife doesn't miss it either. My sons will learn to get up and go do something instead of surfing hundreds of channels. :techie-eureka:

(And, almost everything of any value is available online if you dont have to watch it the day it airs... So we have a computer running the TV)

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 2

Racinbob

I have to agree with the comments here but with a twist. I actually watch very little TV but when I do watch something like Pawn Stars, American Pickers or whatever I just do it for the entertainment value and don't take it too seriously. You've got the actors that play their parts well and then the non-actors that do a good job with their scripts. Obviously the non-actors know and see that they are being filmed and I highly doubt that many of them could make for an entertaining show without their scripts. :)

• Like 4

SousaKerry

Official response from Antique Archaeology,

Hello, Kerry!

Thanks for the email!

Unfortunately that item has already been sold, so sorry to disappoint.

If anything similar comes in, we'll be sure to contact you!

Best,

AA Le Claire

Edited by SousaKerry
  • Like 3

Geno

I'm wondering if it actually sold.  Reason I'm thinking this is they may not have actually bought it.  :eusa-doh:

octfst

I'm wondering if it actually sold.  Reason I'm thinking this is they may not have actually bought it.  :eusa-doh:

I was thinking the same thing. also wonder if it wasn't all ready sold when he bought it.I'm sure they have walked by many Wheel Horse in the past and walked by a few in that show alone.

Edited by octfst
  • Like 2

ericj

it seemed a little funny the way he asked about that one tractor and that one only and din't even ask about a story of it just asked price and bought it. just not the way they usually do business. almost a spur of the moment thing for a scripted show or a last minute throw in. just didn't seem right

eric j

jackhammer

Yes - I believe there is a lot of pretalk,,, scripting and anything else you want to call it but ,, for the sake of its popularity how many of us who watch,,, don't often come up with a preconceived price on an item while we are watching,  just to see how good our picking skills are???

hmmm ???  be honest

Ken B

I was thinking the same thing. also wonder if it wasn't all ready sold when he bought it.I'm sure they have walked by many Wheel Horse in the past and walked by a few in that show alone.

Well that makes three of us as I was thinking the same thing. While I do enjoy watching the show I am growing tired of watching these type of "REALITY"  show's. I can remember when I first started watching the show I actually thought ALL of it was true.. So much of it is staged that you really can't trust what you are seeing or hearing as any form of truth or fact... 

• Like 1

Racinbob

So true about being staged guys. But it would probably be pretty boring if it wasn't or at least they would likely have to film ten times more scenes to get enough viewable to fill a show. I got a kick out of their valuation. I believe it was paid $400, value $600. I think most would agree that $400 was high bucks for it in that condition. But then again, I've seen them pay more for what I thought was a piece of rusted out scrap metal. We all also know what a restoration costs even doing it ourselves. Ya know those guys won't do it. They made a big deal about the belt, making it sound like it wouldn't drive without it. Am I wrong in saying that was just the mower pto belt?