whtractors24

just the look of having this on the front of a horse

whtractors24

I love how sweet these 5k generators look not fun to put on there heavy buy what a valuable piece to have..

post-6404-0-12049200-1417388436_thumb.jp

post-6404-0-46320800-1417388465_thumb.jp

• Like 6

KC9KAS

Very nice....Wish it were mine.

AMC RULES

Gonna make smoothies at the big show Jason?    :scratchead:

Wishin4a416

Nice to have around with Winter coming. Looks good!

whtractors24

Craig I supply the power and you can make the smoothies :)

AMC RULES

Stop...it'll be long gone by then.   :teasing-poke: 

snowhound

Looks great, hope to have one someday

Ed

whtractors24

Things come and go enjoy the pictures :)

This is up for grabs hahah

bmsgaffer

I normally don't respond to these posts but here it goes.

It doesn't bug me so much that you buy and sell things at a high rate. What irritates me is all these posts you put up here in the general section "check out what i just brought home/added to the herd/etc." as if i am supposed to come here and congratulate you (which I normally would), intending ONLY to peddle your wares.

Congratulations, you you got a neat looking _______. :rolleyes:

Seriously, MANY people buy and sell things on here at an incredible rate and everyone knows it, so you cant act like the victim. Most just do it with dignity.

:angry-soapbox:

I speak only for myself, consider that my final word on the matter.

• Like 4

squonk

I have the exact same jenny only Generac blue. Love the look also. The big difference, Mine is not going anywhere!  :)

• Like 1

whtractors24

Thanks :) used it yesterday for the circular saw to cut up some wood was handy.

Ken B

I wonder how well a 308-8 tractor would handle this generator? If it were to be put to use in a power outage for any period of time I would think that having it on a tractor with big horse power would cost a pretty penny in fuel not too mention the tanks aren't too big on these tractors. If I were to display it at a show of course I'd want it on the prettiest big horse power tractor I have. If I were to actually use it, say if the power were out for a few days I'd want it on something kinda crappy that I don't mind letting the hours build up on with the least amount of horse power I could get by with. 

whtractors24

Ken.b I have it on a 414-8 and it takes close to full throttle to get it in the middle of the green ...

squonk

These Jenny's aren't powerhouses. If the power is out, run your fridge enough to reach temp and then shut it off. Be conservative getting in and out of it. Plug it in every couple of hrs. Same with the furnace. If you need to have your game boys and T. V. On all day, get a stand by whole house jenny.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Most 5KW generators need at least 10HP, but with the belt losses probably will need more when loaded.

I have always wanted a generator like this for a tractor (not a WH brand... too expensive) but cant justify the cost of it then running it on a machine that only has 3 gallon capacity that burns through it in 3 hours or so...

Also, if in a storm wouldn't want my horse sitting outside running... like ken said would want a "beater horse" as it were for the job.

Wheel-N-It

Thats a cool look for sure! I wonder how long it would take to wear out a set of wheel bearings lugging that thing around??? :happy-jumpeveryone: 

craigbic

Very cool accessory! Wish I had one!

Racinbob

I had that same generator when we lived up north. I powered it with a 16hp but a 10 would have done the trick. My main electrical service was in the pole barn and from there I installed two panels in the house with one of them through a transfer switch for emergency power. Since the house was total natural gas I could just about run anything I wanted but chose to be selective with what I put on the emergency panel. The only big load was a 2hp deep well water pump. You could certainly hear the Kohler grunt when that thing started up.

Edited by Racinbob

JC 1965

Wow !! Good looking generator. I have seen times where that would come in very handy.   :thumbs2:

squonk

The 3 & 5000W jenny's really wern't designed to run your house for an extended period. They are really for say you have a fence to mend on the back 40. You have a cordless drill but not a saw. You load your trailer with lumber and tools. Hook up the jenny to your trusty horse and ride off into the sunset. You need to cut some lumber so you plug in your corded saw all or skill saw and cut away on site.

Even with a potable jenny from Home Cheapo you are going to refill several times anyway. If you don't want to do that, nat. gas, propane or diesel is the way to go

• Like 1