Buckshot 1

Help, C-100 snow blade:

Buckshot 1

:)  I am working on installing the snow blade (6-2132) on my Grandsons 1975 C 100. I have it attached to the rear brackets, but I am having trouble on attaching it to the lift. As it seems according to the IPL the OP did not give my Grandson all the attaching parts. Missing parts, 7706 lift bar ass'y and 105052 link lift. Am I correct in assuming the the 7706 lift bar replaces the lift bar for the deck? I am going to put an ad in the wanted section for these two parts. Thank you for your time. :flags-usa:

Molon_Labe

Hi Buckshot 1, The 7706 lift bar was sold as an option to provide down force to the blade and connects to the rock shaft. The 105052 link bolts directly to the lift arm and depends on the weight of the blade for down force. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

wallfish

You can make a lift bar.

Raise the blade and brace it so it's in the raised position and doesn't hit the front axle. With the lift handle in the raised position, measure the distance between the two mounting holes on the lift and the plow frame. Get a piece of flat stock steel (3/16 or 1/4 thick) and drill 2 holes at the previously measured distance. Connect using grade 8 bolts and lock nuts or weld some pins in those holes to connect it using clips or cotterpins

Or, use a piece of chain and connect using bolts. The solid link will allow down pressure by pushing on the handle

• Like 1

Buckshot 1

Thank you fellows for your replies. After searching around on the internet I found the dimensions for the lift link amd manufactured one. Works great. Now that I know what the 7706 is for, I doubt that my Grandson will need it. One problem with blade turning lever, when pushing the brake pedal down it hits the turn lever, Therefore no brakes. Anyone have any ideas/suggestion on why this is? Thank you for time.

gwest_ca

Download this 3-page service bulletin. It may help

We do not have the operator manual for the 6-2132.

Garry

Buckshot 1
k

Download this 3-page service bulletin. It may help

We do not have the operator manual for the 6-2132.

Garry

Thank you for your reply. The bulletin will be very helpful. I have one question, on page three, item 2.2, it states,assemble the lift link in the rear hole as shown on the sketch below. Their is no sketch below. I am wondering if their are more pages?

Edited by Buckshot 1

gwest_ca

Just 3 pages. I'm wondering if page 2 should be page 3. If that makes sense let me know and will change the page order.

Garry

eddiebunyan

Unless you need down pressure(which I didn't,the blade was heavy enought) I just went to the hardware store and got the right amount of links of chain for the height and used two bolts washers and lock nuts!

Buckshot 1

Just 3 pages. I'm wondering if page 2 should be page 3. If that makes sense let me know and will change the page order.

Garry

:greetings-clappingyellow:  After looking at it again. I think the pages are out of order. Like you stated page 2 should be page 3. After going to the shop yesterday and checking the instruction bulletin, I do not see how it will work, as the brake pedal is directly in line with the postion lever. As I would have to move the position lever in approx. 2 inches for the brake pedal to clear. Some thing else I noticed, there is a notch in the position lever, directly inline with the foot rest. I am wondering what the notch is for?  :flags-usa:

Buckshot 1

Unless you need down pressure(which I didn't,the blade was heavy enought) I just went to the hardware store and got the right amount of links of chain for the height and used two bolts washers and lock nuts!

:greetings-waveyellow: That was my 2nd choice. I found the dim. for the lift link on the net and fabed one. Works great. I see on Partstree they are 17$ plus shipping for a new one. :flags-usa:

bmsgaffer

Did you solve the brake problem?

This might be silly but is the turning lever on the right way around? it should have like an 1.5-2" jog in it right above the pivot point going TOWARDS the tractor...

I only say that because you mentioned the notch, which i think was only on the 75 or so and later plows that had that little 'jog' in the arm. The notch should be towards the PTO i think.

Have any pictures?

Also, you can adjust your brake tighter if you are hitting it towards the end of the brake travel.

Buckshot 1

Did you solve the brake problem?

This might be silly but is the turning lever on the right way around? it should have like an 1.5-2" jog in it right above the pivot point going TOWARDS the tractor...

I only say that because you mentioned the notch, which i think was only on the 75 or so and later plows that had that little 'jog' in the arm. The notch should be towards the PTO i think.

Have any pictures?

Also, you can adjust your brake tighter if you are hitting it towards the end of the brake travel.

:greetings-clappingyellow:  Not yet. Thank you for your reply. I went down to the shop to turn the heat up and I checked on the lever.  You hit the nail on the head, offset in the lever is to the outside, with the pivot going to the rear of the tractor.  Also the ajustment nut on the brake rod is just about to the end of threads, lot of ajustment there. Let the shop warm up a little and then go to work on the tractor. :flags-usa:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I changed the page order of the service bulletin. Thanks for the heads up.

Garry

Buckshot 1

:greetings-clappingyellow:  Not yet. Thank you for your reply. I went down to the shop to turn the heat up and I checked on the lever.  You hit the nail on the head, offset in the lever is to the outside, with the pivot going to the rear of the tractor.  Also the ajustment nut on the brake rod is just about to the end of threads, lot of ajustment there. Let the shop warm up a little and then go to work on the tractor. :flags-usa:

:woohoo: Removed the lever and installed it the correct way. Also adjusted the brake and every things work the way it should. I may have to talk my Grandson out of this t :flags-usa: tractor.

• Like 1

Buckshot 1
, as it was a bit confusing

I changed the page order of the service bulletin. Thanks for the heads up.

Garry

:greetings-wavegreen:  Gary,Your are Welcome. Thank you for the change, asit was a bit confusing the other way.  :flags-usa:

Edited by Buckshot 1

bmsgaffer

Cool, glad to hear it! :handgestures-thumbupright: