yngliver

which tires?

yngliver

Hello!

Here is that 417A with the k341 on it that I asked about recently, so far I'm quite happy.

I don't think you can see it in the pictures but I have AG tires with weights on my 312 with the plow and truf tires on the 417 with the blower.  I was wondering which tire combination you guys thought would be best for each tractor and impalement.  I can swap the wheels from one to another right?  I have some chains, but I tried them out today and they are way to short, like 8-10 inches.  They came with the 312 when I bought it but had never tried them.  Maybe I don't know how to put them on?

Anyways, any input is appreciated.

post-12364-0-20261200-1417293200_thumb.j

Edited by yngliver

slammer302

Some weights and chains should do fine on the on either one I've herd AG tires don't work as well in hard pack snow and ice

KyBlue

I think it really matters more what surface you're on ... I push all the snow I want with Just Ags and my fluffy self in the seat.   That being said, I'm on gravel, so they can dig in and get ample traction.  Something like Concrete or Asphalt that'll be another story I think ...

ericj

I think it really matters more what surface you're on ... I push all the snow I want with Just Ags and my fluffy self in the seat.   That being said, I'm on gravel, so they can dig in and get ample traction.  Something like Concrete or Asphalt that'll be another story I think ...

thats funny you should say that i use ag tires and no chains 90% of the times on black top and concrete but the 10% of the time i need chains it when i'm on dirt or gravel pushing snow or blowing snow. i upgraded to the all trail tires this year on my blower tractor and am anxious to see how it does. i also got a set of 2 link chains for back up if need for the blower tractor  

eric j

post-4375-0-65079900-1417318721_thumb.jp

post-4375-0-21620200-1417318767_thumb.jp