RuVera

1966 656 Engine Repair/Replace/Update

RuVera

Hello, I acquired a 1966 656 over the summer which I have just gotten to working on.  Unfortunately, the connecting rod is broken.  What are my options?  Are parts available to fix the original Tecumseh engine?  I'd like to keep the tractor as original as possible.  If not, what are my replacement engine options?  

KATO

If its the orig HH60 ,Aftermarket parts are available ,but mostly only in standard sizes. if you need under sized rod and or over size piston and rings

you could be in for a long and possibly expensive search. that doesn't include valves or block and crank machining.

There are many replacement options depending on budget and or preference. Kohler being the obvious first choice as the 856 came with a kohler 

K181. :handgestures-thumbupright:

And :text-welcomewave:  to :rs:

Edited by KATO

RuVera

Yes it is original.

cd34a7932220f88af627bbec457346dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  I just went  thru the same thing on my 657. And there is nothing like have it all original to me. It is the right thing to do in my book. If u look hard enough u cam find parts for these engines. Although it may be from multiple dealers or venders on e-bay or on the web. but I did find what I was looking for. make sure you know your part #s. I can help with this if need be. Good luck on your search. Gary       B...............

RuVera

aa0f26883a9301a2e481e0dc05fe5520.jpg

RuVera

436e8f29bfceb940be792e52f1cc026a.jpg

RuVera

c97b119dce76b163cc23bd5ad34cd4a0.jpg

RuVera

I'm not a huge fan of Tecumseh but I do like original. It will need a rod, crank, lifter, governor, gaskets and seals at minimum. If I can find parts, I'd like to put it back together. Any help is appreciated.

If I can't find parts reasonably easy enough or without breaking the bank, the 8 hp kohler sound like a good option. Is it "drop in"?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Cant give you advice,,,Tecumseh H60-75118H,

Saw the tecumseh chatter, I am looking for the above engine for my wheel horse. "Originality and period correct" are big.

I can tell you this,,,,,,,,its very very very hard for this tecumseh stuff. IMHO

Glenn

KC9KAS

:WRS:   Hope you can find the parts you need for your engine.

Buckshot 1

I was able to find parts for a H60 at Certified Parts Corp. As I under stand it, they bought the Tecsumeh label, dies and remaining parts. They are located in southern Indiana. You might try them for your needed parts.

• Like 2

Buckshot 1

I was able to find parts for a H60 at Certified Parts Corp. As I under stand it, they bought the Tecsumeh label, dies and remaining parts. They are located in southern Indiana. You might try them for your needed parts.

I posted the wrong location for CPC, they are in Janesville, Wisc instead of souther IN. Sorry about that.