Sign in to follow this  
sorekiwi

Roto Hoe chipper/shredder Model 550

sorekiwi

Picked this one up yesterday for a price I couldnt resist.  I already own a MacKissic Mighty-Mac that I absolutely love, so I doubt that this one will ever replace that, but this one does share some similarities to the Mighty-Mac.

WP_20141115_009_zps4751607e.jpg

WP_20141115_006_zps7bae88db.jpg

WP_20141115_020_zpsa845a0dd.jpg

Built 2 miles from my home, I havent (yet) been able to determine a manufacture date, but the motor (which appears to be the original) is 1967.

Reasonably good condition and unmolested.  Even the fuel lines on the engine have factory paint on them.  My plan is to just lube her up, give the engine a little tickle up, and try her out against the MacKissic.

Looks like I have thrown myself back into Tecumseh hell for a bit.  Need to get this old POS to start in less than 20 pulls...

Edited by sorekiwi
  • Like 5

sorekiwi

Chasm, nice to have someone around to compare notes with.  From the pics I have found online, it seems that there are more of the 4 wheeled ones around than the 2 wheeled ones.  Do you know the age of yours? 

This thing is quite a bit wider than my Mighty Mac, and has more hammers in it.  The Mighty Mac is powered by a 5hp Briggs, I am wondering how the little Tecumseh will cope.  

WP_20141115_015_zps46891b51.jpg

My Tecumseh is old enough to still mention Lauson on the decals.

WP_20141115_017_zps302c5ce8.jpg

Eric reitler

Ok so I just got one of these from a farm field/barn and need some parts help.  Is anyone still watching this forum?