Sign in to follow this  
bell

I bought another one...

bell

The rear end is from a 70's Commando 800 / 1973 8hp 4 speed style tractor.

These tractors used the 10 inch rear rims with a "center offset", requiring longer axles in the transmission to maintain the proper track width. :banghead:

So, this would probably be a good axle for my 855 with the 10.50 AGs.... Might have to figure out what the bearing noise is... Thanks TT...

TT

They're just a 4 pinion 1" axle Uni-Drive and won't take a lot of abuse.

If you have JD style wheels for your 10.50's, that would make it just about right. (not as much offset on the yellow wheels)

Or...... If you want to narrow the track up easily, remove the hubs from the axles, slide the wheels over the bare axles ("right" side out), and install the hubs on the axles backwards. Then you can bolt the wheels to the hubs from the inside out.

bell

They're just a 4 pinion 1" axle Uni-Drive and won't take a lot of abuse.

If you have JD style wheels for your 10.50's, that would make it just about right. (not as much offset on the yellow wheels)

Or...... If you want to narrow the track up easily, remove the hubs from the axles, slide the wheels over the bare axles ("right" side out), and install the hubs on the axles backwards. Then you can bolt the wheels to the hubs from the inside out.

Hmmm... sounds like it may be a good "roller" axle for the parts horse... Thanks for the info Terry...

jusjeepn

WoW Jon! Another sweet ride! Congratulations are in order! :USA: ( and condolences for Steve)! :banghead:

sorekiwi

Nice looking tractor, and at a good price too. You're gonna run outa room soon Jon.

bell

Thanks fellas....

It looks better in pics... :banghead: She's DEFINATELY been a hard worker her whole life... There isn't a square inch of the hood without a dent/ ding... lol

I like it... I need to swap out the transaxle and figure out the valvetrain noise... and bolt up the dual AGs!!! :USA:

Michael Bullington

hey one great thing about the wheel horse ...aint nothing to hard to fix!

Great find Bell !!

Brian1045

I bought the yeller :banghead: seat on ebay TT. I couldn't let it get past me.

Thanks again for the link.

Dang Jon....You got the WH fever!!... :USA:

Seriously though..I'm glad to see you all are keeping these pony's in the family.

I'm having a great time here at Redsquare...You guys kill me...lol.

:banana: :banana: :banana: