Sign in to follow this  
perry

$60 craigslist find

perry

found this old wards listed as a $60 lawn tractor on craigslist. had no pic so i took my chance and drove 40 min away after getting very little info out of him. the guy said it had a bad silenoid. when i got it home all that was wrong was a dead battery. it fired up and runs great!. its a 16HP briggs that is very clean. this engine will repower one of my other latest simplicity/allis finds [8D].

B-10005.jpg

B-10006.jpg

B-10007.jpg

CasualObserver

Awesome find Perry! Isn't it funny. I would guess he thought it was the solenoid because he couldn't jump it. Sometimes people just don't realize you can't always jump a dead battery. If the battery is shorted out, it's not going to work at all.

Nick

Another nice find Perry. :USA: Someday Ive got to learn to watch craigs, never found something on it. But if you were to find a Wards twin 20 for $60 let me know, I might give ya $100 for it. :banghead: :omg:

linen beige

Awesome find Perry! Isn't it funny. I would guess he thought it was the solenoid because he couldn't jump it. Sometimes people just don't realize you can't always jump a dead battery. If the battery is shorted out, it's not going to work at all.

Great find Pery! :banghead:

And a very good point Jason. Also might mention that if the battery's shorted, and you KEEP trying to jump it, you just might ruin whatever you're using to jump it.

That's IF it doesn't start a fire.

69DEZ

Nice score Perry. Some guys are just lucky. Me, NEVER :banghead::USA: :omg:

jusjeepn

Another nice find Perry :banghead: How many you got now? Are they sleepin in the bed with you yet? :USA: