treepatrol

310 8 Kohler M10S would like to replace with updated motor

treepatrol

I have a 310-8 with a magnum 10hp on my wheelhorse 310-8  and I would like to know what new motor i could swap in to replace the Kohler M10S without to much trouble bolt on??

Thanks. :eusa-think:

Sparky

Just looking for more HP? If so just swap in a 12-16HP Magnum for no headaches.

Mike..........

• Like 2

Don1977

There aren't any direct replacement engines. The closest is the Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-twins. HP from 13 to 23. Order it with a 1.1/8" PTO shaft so the PTO clutch and drive pulley will fit and wiring and switch mounted on the engine. The engine will need to be mounted with raised 7/8" off the frame and in the same location front to back so the belt guard will work. once the drive pulley is mounted you can aline with the transmission pulley. You will have to relocate the holes in the frame some to get this location. The PTO bracket will bolt up to the engine on the Briggs Vanguard. You may have to extend the wiring to located the Briggs switch in the dash. The mufflers are extra on the Vanguards a little over $100 last time I looked. You will need the high mount muffler to clear the PTO can't say it will be OK with the hood as I haven't done it to a 300 series.

I did mine on a C-120 and built my muffler. As for safety switches mine only had clutch and PTO on the starter wire.

treepatrol

Thanks Don Good two know.  AND   Sparky so a 12 up to a 16 will bolt right up? Thanks

PaulC

i just swapped a magnum 12 for a magnum 12 its soooooo easy to do. i thought that ive read though that the 10hp magnum and maybe 16 had something slightly different to them like wiring or ignition?

another thing to look into is having your 10 rebuilt

Sparky

Thanks Don Good two know.  AND   Sparky so a 12 up to a 16 will bolt right up? Thanks

Bolt right up and throttle and choke cables being the right length.....yes it will. 

Electrically there are a couple versions used on our Wheel Horses. The most common had a 15 amp stator and the other had only a 3 amp stator. Wiring is probably different between the two.

Mike............

oaktown1987

Hey tree patrol what going to do with 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk