wheelhorsekid

C-160 is home, have a question about the seat

wheelhorsekid

Got the c-160 home today and happy to add her to the stable. The seat needs some... well... TLC. I'm not familiar with these seats at all. It looks like it might be heated? I was wondering if it's worth finding someone to bring it back to life or just replace with another seat I have.

It has some cracking in the metal and there isn't a morsel of padding/covering left. Let me know what you guys know.

Thanks!!

post-5743-0-62144700-1415553613_thumb.jp

post-5743-0-03972300-1415553626_thumb.jp

post-5743-0-29481800-1415553630_thumb.jp

post-5743-0-57149800-1415553633_thumb.jp

post-5743-0-52173500-1415553637_thumb.jp

• Like 1

KyBlue

I believe that's a 520 seat... Not original and the wire is for the seat switch? Mines long gone so... I'm just guessing here.

I got the 69 dollar seat from northern till on my b80 and love it. 5 years now and holding up great... If you need a link I'll post one.

Good looking C160 ya got

Racinbob

No, it's not heated. Those wires are (were) for the seat safety switch. I think it's time to let that seat RIP. Tractor Supply has these with armrests and I think it would look good on yours. It's definitely comfortable. Nice find. Are you going to restore it? :)

post-8408-0-48029000-1415554178_thumb.jp

Racinbob

Actually KyBlue, that could be the original. The c-160 autos from that year had the armrests. i believe the 520's had a different seat switch.

Edited by Racinbob

KyBlue

Actually KyBlue, that could be the original. The c-160 autos from that year had the armrests. i believe the 520's had a different seat switch.

I stand corrected then ...

This is the seat that I went with, because that lower back seat hurts me after awhile...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315471_200315471

pacer

Yeah, that seat has had it -- The Northern seats are hard to beat, they have several sizes to choose from but I'm with Kyblue on the higher back style. I have both the short back and the taller one and the back support is much more comfortable. Course if you wanna get fancy, and more money, there are some really posh ones!!

• Like 1

Kegler

I get my replacements from       http://www.surpluscenter.com       Have always been happy with them.

Edited by Kegler

baerpath

I use these seats like the one on this. Cheap and easy to put on  $40

post-121-0-98444300-1415649421_thumb.jpg

Tankman

Found a Jazzi ridin' wheel chair in the trash, it was trashed BIG time.

Arm rests were bent, useless. Ah, but the seat. Very nice. Cushions snap off for cleaning. Was gray but, needed black. Duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray fixed that.

Seat folds down. Comfortable.

Been lookin' for one of those supermarket riding shopping baskets seats. They look good too. I usually drive five minutes up the road to Tractor Supply, reasonable prices, good replacement seats.

Tankman

Found a Jazzi ridin' wheel chair in the trash, it was trashed BIG time.

Arm rests were bent, useless. Ah, but the seat. Very nice. Cushions snap off for cleaning. Was gray but, needed black. Duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray fixed that.

Seat folds down. Comfortable.

Been lookin' for one of those supermarket riding shopping baskets seats. They look good too. I usually drive five minutes up the road to Tractor Supply, reasonable prices, good replacement seats.

Mounted on my '85 416-8. Great Horse of course!   :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman

Hodge71

That doesn't look like a factory seat with arm rests. The seat on my C-160 8 speed is totally different than that. My original seat was a factory 2 piece with the adjustable back rest and arm rests. It was ripped pretty bad and melted in a couple spots from the fire so I replaced it with a mid back from a 85 C-10. Does anyone have a picture of what that rusty crusty seat looked like originally? I dont believe I ever saw one like that other than on a 520

Abe31975

I do believe that's the seat that fits the 74-75 D 200. The seat that fits the C160 should be the pan seat with the adjustable back with the wheel horse emblem on it.

Racinbob

Check this out. Download pt.2. I believe page 8. The 76 and 77 models had one piece seats with the C-160 Auto having armrests. That's also the type of seat switch they used at the time. :)

Edited by Racinbob

Abe31975

Ok, thank you. My newest wheel horse is a 1975 and it has that seat on it...with the arm rest.

Racinbob

Cool. I thought the 75's had the three piece seat (not counting the armrests) still but it likely was a transition year and they switched late in 75.

Abe31975

My D 180 came with a pan seat and my D 200 came with a two piece seat with the arm rests. They both have the same seat switch.