Geno

Geno's Meet + Greet

RMCIII

A conventional mowers height can't be compared to a reel mowers height when cutting grass. You are going to get a "true" cut vs. a "tearing" of the grass. Not to mention the weight of the tractor is position differently when it comes to a conventional mower. So the tractor is compressing the grass before it is even cut. I am sure you know that. Your reels should be fairly heavy, maybe 60 to 80lbs each. I am guessing because of the age of the machine, I did not work on anything that was earlier than 1990. The one's we used weighed anywhere from 60 to 90lbs, Then the greens reels were much less in weight. Saying all to conclude, you may need to play with the height before you get the cut you want. We would set the heavy reels at 4" height for golf courses. Fairway height was 1" to the max I ever saw 2". and greens were 1/4" or less. Completely different type of reels for each application also.

Way too much info, especially since it was just a simple question. But in reality, you have a very fine cutting machine, which will need fine-tuned for your specific lawn. Saying that 3 -3.5" will be fine without knowing much about the reels themselves, weight, and overall reel condition is a little bit of a est. on my part. There are so many different reels you can use to get really neat lawn appearances. Verti-cutters are really nice in the spring and fall to dethatch your lawn.

If I had a large lawn plot 1 acer plus, I would have a reel mower. They require more upkeep, but they can't be beat for the cut they provide.

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

David81

Geno looks like all went well the stuff cooking on the grill made me seriously hungry......wow great pictures :)

• Like 1

Geno

I can honestly say I've tried a lot of BBQ all over the country and never had an interest in it until now.  You can ask anybody, I was standing over the pot eating out of it and talking after we all got done eating.  I just couldn't stop, that is until I thought I was gonna explode.  :laughing-rolling:

Edited by Geno
  • Like 2

KyBlue

I can honestly say I've tried a lot of BBQ all over the country and never had an interest in it until now.  You can ask anybody, I was standing over the pot eating out of it and talking after we all got done eating.  I just couldn't stop, that is until I thought I was gonna explode.  :laughing-rolling:

Well Geno ... I just don't know what to say to that ... I've never been very comfortable receiving praise.. I'm much better when I'm being told how It isn't good enough..

I am touched that you think so highly of my Q ... you're welcome to some anytime... just keep some Oak set aside for me :)

• Like 3

nappypappy

What Geno said also goes for me....you cook some mean meat..

• Like 2

rmaynard

It looks like a good time was had by all. I'm curious as to what your total attendance was. Who came the longest distance? Are you going to do it again next year?

• Like 1

nappypappy

From my house in Louisville to his front door was 67miles...

• Like 1

Geno

If I have this right 6 members, 4 spouses, 10 in all including Sandra and I.  There were 6 members that were coming that couldn't make it cause something last minute came up.  Funny thing is everyone who came has been there once or many times before already except KyBill.   Todd (Redbone) came the longest distance, if Firpo had made it he would have been the longest distance. 

We will do another in the Spring and start some threads on it the first of the year in preparation.  There's a lot to this one as it will be like the big show in PA plus 300 acres to play on.  Todd tells me the Lawn + Garden tractor people will be there also, the Author is a good friend of his.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by Geno
  • Like 1

Molon_Labe

Looks like everyone had a great time Geno, I hope to make the one next spring.

• Like 2

Ken B

Sounds like everyone had a great time! I love barbecue and that hunk of beef looked as though it would just melt in your mouth and it made me real hungry! I think that the pit will be WICKED popular and VERY busy at the Spring Wing Ding. 

On another note, I can't get over how wicked clean and organized Geno's shop is. Do you have maids that come in and clean and dust weekly? :ychain:

• Like 2

Geno

I have one that comes in and cleans all day every day, her name is Sandra.  :laughing-rolling:

KyBlue

I have one that comes in and cleans all day every day, her name is Sandra. :laughing-rolling:

Yes but you should get her a nice maid outfit...

Im going to have to keep a eye on her next time I'm down now make sure she doesn't club me to death

Edited by KyBlue
  • Like 1

Geno

:text-nocomment:    :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

KyBlue

LoL safer that way probably

• Like 1

KyBill

You would think Sandra's picture would have been posted?

She is without a doubt a hard worker. Cleans parts and more. If they ever get to cloning people she would be one for sure.

• Like 2

KyBill

Geno told me who made the hub &spindle caps, but I forgot. Whoever you are they are very nice and thank you for donating them.

Scott did a good job with the plasma cutter on the tree ornaments too. Thanks Scott.

I find some goodies to donate this spring.

• Like 1

Geno

The caps were courtesy of Glen Pettit Restoration Parts.  All of his stuff is in the Vendor section here Bill - http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/54-glen-pettit-restoration-parts/

She snaked out of the pics good didn't she.  She was taking all the pics and now I see why she likes to keep the camera.  :laughing-rolling:   She won't be so lucky next time...  :)

KyBill

She's a smart cookie :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

nappypappy

looking forward to the next meet....and my next trip over there....gotta take more pictures.

• Like 1

Geno

You don't have to wait Karl, come on down whenever you like.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

nappypappy

thanks...I be there every day if I could...

• Like 2

KyBill

I second that! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Geno

You know you're welcome whenever your in the neighborhood too Bill.   :)

KyBill

I will stop by sometime this year with my other half for sure. That will be a nice bike ride on the back roads.

• Like 2

KyBlue

thanks...I be there every day if I could...

I would too, but then He'd be putting me to work ... I just supervise hehe Oh and cook. ;)

I will stop by sometime this year with my other half for sure. That will be a nice bike ride on the back roads.

Bill you're welcome here at the house anytime ... :) we can have a mini get together...

• Like 1