Geno

Geno's Meet + Greet

KyBlue

They're coming... Can't upload from his shop

• Like 3

nappypappy

Well just got home from Geno's and had a good time there..we thank him and his wife for being so nice to us and will try to be at the next meet.

Thanks

• Like 2

RMCIII

Hey Geno:

Love the grill! did you plan on actually using it to it's capacity? :laughing-rofl:  That little riblet may have taken 30 minutes to get ready. I thought we were gonna see a WHOLE HOG! :woohoo:

Rob

nappypappy

also I thank blue for his skill in cooking and getting to meet him and bill....

• Like 2

squonk

Did Rachel Ray show up?  :)

KyBill

Geno,

You have a fantastic shop and your hospitality was the best.

Blue did an excellent job with the smoker, and all of the sides were good as well.

Too bad I couldn't stay longer...

I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Thank you for the invite. 

• Like 2

kudzu3

Good food, good friends...hard to beat ain't it.

• Like 2

Geno

Bill won the :wh:  front grease cap set, He's a snappy dresser too.  :laughing-rolling:

post-13404-0-53281000-1417913250_thumb.j

Blue won the :wh:  key chain and weaseled out of the pic.  :laughing-rolling:

Scot made enough ornaments that everyone got one.  I want to see those things when you paint them up guys.  :handgestures-thumbsup:   They were just like this one just unpainted -

post-13404-0-41796800-1417913417_thumb.j

I also forgot this Karl and Janice shot -

post-13404-0-15059800-1417913465_thumb.j

I think most of us spent most of the day eating and hiding from the camera.  :laughing-rolling:

Edited by Geno
  • Like 7

19richie66

Look at Geno walking around with his lightsaber on his side. Taking care of any would be horse rustlers. Looks like a great time. Just a little too far for me to just get away. Have to plan to make one soon. Good job Geno.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

Geno

I built one years ago like I'm supposed to but could never get the thing to work.   The force must not be with me.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Tristan Wilson

sorry we couldn't make it been taking care of my little girl she has food poison she ate some bad meat at the sitters looks like you guys had a blast

• Like 1

Geno

We did miss you guys, hope your little girl gets better fast.   :pray: 

• Like 2

KyBlue

Those who couldn't make it ... you were missed!  We had a great time!!  Only grabbed a few pictures ... much more comfy behind the camera and working the BBQ Pit (NOT a grill - yes there is a difference) than getting pics taken ... sorry!  :dunno:

post-246-0-77515100-1417919669_thumb.jpg

post-246-0-34657900-1417919721_thumb.jpg

post-246-0-98189800-1417919779_thumb.jpg

post-246-0-78321300-1417919824_thumb.jpg

post-246-0-45231500-1417919868_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Tristan Wilson

thanks geno

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Gene,,,,,,,looking at the pics your event looked GREAT! Yes sir, fun, good times, good talk and wheel horse stuff ta boot.

THANKS FOR SHARING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice to put faces with names.

Glenn

edit: allmost forgot the food part.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 2

Geno

Thanks my friend, hope to see you down here in the Spring.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Looks like it was fun!

I WILL meet you one of these days! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Gene, that big reel mower in the pics above. Thats a Wisconsin engine on that?

That is a big bear of a motor..............

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

Yep. It's a 76" cut, can't wait to try it out in the Spring.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

RMCIII

Hey Geno - did you by chance see the unit working before purchasing? Just asking cause those reels are finicky if they are not set right. Speaking from expierence in setting 100's of reels up for Jacobson, if not done right, they can make a real mess of your lawn. But done right, you will not want to use another mower again!

Rob

• Like 1

JC 1965

Thanks for sharing the pics. Geno. Nice to put faces with names. Looks like a bunch of really friendly folks. Food looks awesome too. Looks like i missed out on a great time. I would of loved seeing all those  :wh: tractors. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks again !!       :thumbs2:

• Like 1

Geno

Hey Geno - did you by chance see the unit working before purchasing? Just asking cause those reels are finicky if they are not set right. Speaking from expierence in setting 100's of reels up for Jacobson, if not done right, they can make a real mess of your lawn. But done right, you will not want to use another mower again!

Rob

I got it from my old  :wh:  now Toro dealer in Jersey, he's had it for over 30 years.  It's the professional series with the cabide cutters and self sharpening 6 blade reels.  Also got a reel mower blade sharpener that he used for many years in the shop but doesn't use anymore but it wouldn't fit on the trailer so I have to get it on the next trip.  I can use it to sharpen my other reel mowers.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Sounds like you are all set! You will enjoy the cut you get from that. What height are the reels set at?

Rob

Geno

Thanks for sharing the pics. Geno. Nice to put faces with names. Looks like a bunch of really friendly folks. Food looks awesome too. Looks like i missed out on a great time. I would of loved seeing all those  :wh: tractors. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks again !!       :thumbs2:

Would loved to have seen you but life happens.  You are welcome here anytime.  :)

Sounds like you are all set! You will enjoy the cut you get from that. What height are the reels set at?

Rob

I haven't had it in the shop yet to play with it, plan on doing that close to mowing time.  What should they be set at?  Should it be the same as what I set other conventional mowing machines?  I keep them at about 3 - 3 1/2".