papasan1

What's a fair price 520H?

papasan1

I have a 1985 520H, 570 hours with deck, blade and snow thrower. All in good working order. Came out of MI so has some surface rust. A nice tractor.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by papasan1

oldredrider

That's a REALLY rare model! The 520 wasn't for sale in 1985.

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

:laughing-rolling:  :text-yeahthat:

No seriously, if you think its an older model and I am just guessing here but it would be a 1988 or 1989. They lack the forward swept axle and gear reduction steering which could drop the price some. The 1990 had forward swept axle but still no gear reduction steering. 1991 on up was the 520h beast that has the full bells and whistles.

Price??? Pictures?? what size/type deck? What kind of snowblower. Single stage tall chute, single stage short chute, two stage?? Once that information is had then i think we can give you a better idea.

Good Luck :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 2

ericj

these what are they worth questions are always hard to answer with out some pictures and more detail. you obviously don't have 85 model 520 because as stated above they didn't make the 520 till 88. it might have been a typo and you mean 95. the price on a 520 can very widely depending on year the 88 and 89 do not have the forward swept axle and are not as desirable as the ones that do.

i have a friend that has had some onans  and told me they ran great when i looked at them i found them only running on one cylinder or low on compression on one cylinder. so you have to be careful when purchasing a tractor with an onan. so as you can see with out more details it can be very difficult. but to give you something to go on a 520 with all of those attachments should be worth at least $1000.00 maybe more but there is a lot of variables involved and it all comes down to what you are willing to pay and what the seller is willing to take. i'd say if you can get it for under a grand buy it with all of those attachments but i'm sure somebody on here will argue with that

eric j    :text-yeahthat:

Edited by ericj

Shawn Harrington

I've seen 520's up here going for $1500-$2000.  Obviously,  that number would be laughed at in Indiana, but up here in Massachusetts that can be a legitimate price. It's not exactly flush with available wheel-horses.  

Geno

Pics will be your best friend here.  Also, does it need any work?  :)

papasan1

I've used the blade and snowthrower with no issues. The deck looks good and moves freely. The tractor is fine.

48" deck 15-48sc01

48" blade 06-488c01

42" thrower 06-42st05

I will try to get some pics on here, have had no luck in the past.

Edited by papasan1

AMC RULES

As in any best case scenario...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

it will be the price you and your buyer arrive at. 

• Like 1

Geno

I will try to get some pics on here, have had no luck in the past.

If you need help you can email them to me at Wheelhorses@roadrunner.com and I'll put them up for you.  :)

Edited by Geno

546cowboy

Just to clear up some misinformation from above, a 1991 520H 'does have gear reduction steering'. That was the first year for that. I have had a 1988, 1989, 2-1990's and a 1991.

Theroundhousernr

Was typing and in a rush. Thanks for catching that. Also 1990 was the one and only year for the 520-8. Thats how I usually remember when the steering reduction came into play. Will change my info.....

A friend of mine has the 8 speed and just bought what I assumed to be a 1991. It has the column controls, so we assumed it had the gear reduction steering. I beleive I read on here some where that the column steer came along it 1991. Well boy was I wrong. Apparently 1990 was the start of column controls because this thing has no gear reduction. Learn something eveyday.

Edited by Theroundhousernr

Irv

The model # of the deck indicates it to be a 1989 which would more than likely be the year of the tractor because most are purchased with a deck when new.