motor12

My wife can't resist

motor12

I have just about completed my 854 project and it looks good, in fact my wife stated this morning that she wants her own Wheel horse. She has been very supportive of this project so why not restore one for her. We got hooked on antique engine and tractor shows this year and love it. All I need to do is find a 1965 or earlier that needs a good home. We love this hobby.

• Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Motor. Your a lucky guy. Was great to read this. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

Good for you Motor!  What is her fav body style?  :)

Firpo701

...and that's why I ended up with the 953! Lol! :-)

• Like 1

km3h

Good for you Motor!  What is her fav body style?  :)

I like them blond, 5ft, 6in, 125 lbs with lots of tattoos and body piercings.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

...and not a day over 62.   :ychain:   

• Like 2

km3h

...and not a day over 62.   :ychain:   

Now that depends on where you live. Gino tells me they need to be at least 14.

• Like 1

Geno

I can't help it Sandra looks like she's a minor Nick.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek: 

:omg:  :text-tmi:

• Like 1

Sean Keys

Its nice she is supporting the hobby. Looks like she got bit by the bug too! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

19richie66

I let my wife go out and pick one from the herd. She chose the C175. She got my blackhood. Have to make concessions somewhere. I just am glad she is interested.

• Like 1

RealHorse_ct

What in the world?!?!?!? I cant even get the woman to come take a look at the progress ive been making without a grunt and a trudge to the shop lmao

• Like 1

groundhog47

I have just about completed my 854 project and it looks good, in fact my wife stated this morning that she wants her own Wheel horse. She has been very supportive of this project so why not restore one for her. We got hooked on antique engine and tractor shows this year and love it. All I need to do is find a 1965 or earlier that needs a good home. We love this hobby.

Hope your wife will "infect" the other wives (and unenthusiastic family members) with her enthusiasm. And since a border apart I'll pray for eastward winds.  A lady on a Wheel Horse just makes it look so much better, their knees don't block the engine view so much :smile:

• Like 1

motor12

I find the more interest my wife has in my projects the easier it is. My wife digs right in, cleaning parts, changing tires, and I mean getting dirty. When I mounted the new tires I needed a second set of hands and she stepped up no problem. I guess after 43 years she is used to it.

• Like 1

km3h

I own 12 tractors. If you were to ask my wife, she would tell you she doesn't know how many tractors I have and doesn't care. I recently finished restoring one and all she said was that's nice. We have been maried for 49 years and we have learned to give each other some space from time to time. She will come out to the shop sometimes and sit while I work on something but mostly she just makes sure I am OK and brings me coffee, ice water and lunch. I have to get my own beer.  

• Like 7

pacer

Heh! I'm real close to Nicks relationship - my wife will say 'thats nice' also and go on about her interests, but yet will give me all the encouragement I could want to keep on doing what I love. At 55 years we have a pretty darn good thing going :) :) I have 4 running and a roller and if I were to find something tomorrow 100 miles away she'd just say "call your buddy (groundhog) and y'all go get it"

• Like 6

Firpo701

The Mrs. brought me home 3 cans of Regal Red today as a surprise! She knows what I like!!;-) lol

• Like 2

Geno

She's a keeper Firpo!  :text-woo:

cruisnblue48

All you guys are very fortunate to have a wife who also has a keen interest in this hobby. My wife has no clue how many I have as she never takes a peek in both of my sheds. She has no interest in tractors but does allow me to have my time to enjoy tinkering with my hobby. For the record, I have now adopted 9 Wheel Horses in the past 3-1/2 years since I got hooked. When I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was interested in another one on c-list, she was ok with that as long as I don't put it in the garage. So, I take that to mean either it's time to start a second tier level in my larger shed or we're getting new living room furniture.

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 2

oldredrider

My wife doesn't really have any interest in my Horses although she appreciates what they can do.

When I tell her I'm going to pick up another one, she's headed for the truck. She LOVES a road trip!

Does that make her an enabler?

Edited by oldredrider
  • Like 1

Geno

It sure does Rider!  :text-woo:

19richie66

We havent went on any road trips yet but are planning on being at the 2015 big show. I am hoping she will have a good time and become more interested. We go to the florida flywheelers show every year together and have a good time.